Uniply Industries

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by sagaya, Jul 10, 2015.

1. sagaya

sagaya New Member

Hi everyone,
    Im new here, and i wanna know about one stock as i am very curious why this is hitting upper circuit daily. i've been watching this share from the level Rs.80. On daily basis it is hitting upper circuit, now it is at Rs.101. Can you guys help me? I wanna know if i can enter into this stock or not and will appreciate your valuable suggestions.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yes. The stock is up 162% in just the last month. In the last three months, it is up 234%. I think the aggressive buying has something to do with the fact that the open offer made by the Keshav Kantamneni group to acquire a 26% stake in Uniply Industries failed. So, maybe that group is buying from the open market to get control.

Unless we are able to find fundamental reasons to buy the stock, can we do so? The persons who are aggressively buying the stock have their own motives for doing so. We are not privy to that. Also, what if they aggressively sell the stock? Then there will be a never ending series of lower circuits.

So, an investor, it is best to be cautious and only invest in those stocks where we are confident that the fundamentals will play out in the long run. Also, we should ensure that we are paying a reasonable price for the stock.

sagaya likes this.
  3. Dreamer1214

Dreamer1214 Member

Great advise Meenashi Ji

4. sagaya

sagaya New Member

thank you Meenakshi..
    If owning stocks is a long-term project for you, following their changes constantly is a very, very bad idea. It's the worst possible thing you can do, because people are so sensitive to short-term losses. If you count your money every day, you'll be miserable - Daniel Kahneman

Thanks again for these Daniel Kahneman words..I do not know about Daniel Kahneman..but i totally agree with his words..:)

5. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@sagaya Daniel Kahneman is nobel prize winner and author of a best selling book titled Thinking, Fast and Slow. I have personally not read that book as of now but it is on top of my reading list and very soon I will start to read it. But based on the reviews which I saw from amazon, I think it is worth a read.

sagaya likes this.