stock querry

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by balram, Jun 5, 2015.

1. balram

balram New Member

Meenaksi ji I want ask Sharon bio madicen (2600@19.10) and punj Lloyd (2670@30)/ plz adv me ?

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

You seem to have bought both stocks recently, going by the purchase price. Did you buy in the hope that after the steep fall, there might be a bounce-back? That may happen, if the sentiment of the overall market improves. However, these are not investment-grade stocks, in the sense that you can buy and forget and expect the earnings to compound year after year.

I think there must be clarity on what you want to do. If you want to be a trader and take advantage of short-term actions, then buying such stocks is fine but you must have a strict stop-loss. If the stop-loss is hit, you must exit without a second's thought. The problem now is that because the stocks have gone down, you have become an "investor" and are asking about the fundamentals of the stocks!

3. balram

balram New Member

I am long term investor so I bought those stocks/ Meenakshi ji thanks for guidenss me.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

These kind of stocks are nothing but gamble ( I personally hold SBM with the same view), As the moderator pointed out be clear in your objectives, also if you are smart please follow the recent announcements regarding SBM and I am sure you will get all your answers but on the humorous side I like the way you wrote sharon madicen