fresh level buy

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by dhiraj.gawande, Jun 4, 2015.

1. dhiraj.gawande

dhiraj.gawande New Member

Which stock shall I buy at fresh level in such dips with intend to hold 10-12months

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Are you under a constraint that you must get your capital back in 10-12 months? If so, investing in stocks may not be a good idea because one can never predict what the short-term can bring. In that case, you would be better off investing in debt mutual funds, FMPs or fixed deposits where you are assured of a return of capital with some interest.

If you do have a longer time frame, then you can steadily accumulate a basket of securities and make a nice portfolio. Several stocks are available at reasonable valuations and have several years of steady growth in them. Some examples that you can consider and research further include Dewan Housing, JB Chemicals, MCX, HSIL, TV Today etc. One can be reasonable confident that over the long term of say three or five years, each of these stocks will post higher earnings and be at higher valuations.

3. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Meenakshi, I wanted to ask you how do you see TV Today in comparison with other media stocks like TV18 and Zee Tv

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

It is a difficult question to answer because each media company is a strong contender in its genre. Each has well known brands and is well entrenched in its territory. I am not even sure that doing hair-splitting will really help. Their price movement has also been more or less similar. I suppose all will benefit to more or less the same extent from digitization.

One more stock that should be added for consideration is Dish TV. The fact that it has broken even in Q4FY15 suggests that much expected turnaround may be close.

5. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

You are right about Dish TV and it can be a nice story in future. Although I categorize this stock with the likes of other players offering cable services like Den or Hathway. Particularly Hathway because I believe it has much more reach than Den but I am not sure about it. The current price in Dish TV has already factored in all the positives. I believe it might be worth a buy if the stock corrects in future.

6. pradip

pradip Member

Impressed with how much you know about each and every company. And all your comments are so sensible