UBS Report on Indian Banks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by stockguru, Jul 8, 2015.

1. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Where can one get to read the latest report published by UBS on Indian Banks? I have heard they have put in some terrific amount of research in that report.

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

3. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Yes I read that article and I also heard on CNBC TV18 that they said it was a nice piece of research hence I got curious to read it myself. Please post it here or in the main article section as and when it is available.

4. PrimeOne

PrimeOne New Member

5. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Yes I read the interview from the management of YES Bank in which they have said that UBS has actually overestimated the amount of bad loans and some of these company's loans don't even qualify for bad loans. But however UBS has taken a different approach for it's research this time by studying the loan books and the kind of collateral provided by them to the banks and this is most interesting. One can argue that whether it is a correct way or not but for that atleast one must read the report

6. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

7. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

8. ajay6uc

ajay6uc New Member

Don't trust these UBS report, earlier they itself has given target for 1000. I am sure there might be some dispute between UBS and Yes Bank thats why they made such noise.

9. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@ajay6uc Trusting or not is a personal matter which one has to decide for oneself. I was more fascinated with the approach they took in this research. It is something different which hasn't been done before. In the end analysts are humans and they are prone to make mistakes or have judgement errors like anyone else. You can or cannot trust them but what is the harm in reading their research in which they might have put in hours of hard work specially when you are getting that research to read free of cost ;)

Satpat likes this.