MCX.Is it the right time to buy?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by saagar.abhishek, Apr 22, 2015.

1. saagar.abhishek

saagar.abhishek New Member

Or more downside left?Should i wait for results?

2. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala has made investment in MCX and many market analysts are bullish on the stock with a long term view

3. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

The important aspect is whether you are convinced by the business model of the company and especially in the light of the new management having been appointed. If you are convinced about the long-term prospects, it is best to start accumulating the stock in driblets. Trying to time the purchase is usually a futile exercise. Don't buy the stock unless you have the conviction.

If you want material on MCX's prospects, you can read HDFC Sec's initiating coverage report. It is quite comprehensive.

4. saurabh.dwivedi

saurabh.dwivedi Member

It has good potential but last decision is yours as equity investments are subject to market risk.
    Some of observations about its business:

1)It is good as currently it is the dominant commodity exchange,scalability is good.
    2)Dominant exchange develops competitive advantage as price discovery is good.
    3)Risk is if BSE/NSE enters commodity market as currently commodity exchange participation is very low in india , and BSE/NSE may divert the traffic away from MCX.
    4)They are dependent on FTIL for their software services and FTIL has been involved in a scam , so that can be a risk.

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I think better to wait for market to have stability before putting new funds. Situation is looking bad at present.

6. ayan.ghosh

ayan.ghosh New Member

Agreed .... Cash is King ... I have made a mistake by investing some of my cash on Thursday ... I could have got a better deal :(

With the MAT overhang ... as well as poor earnings season ... alongwith expiry coming next week ... i think it's better to wait ...