Cambridge Technology Enterprise

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by vikas singh, Dec 15, 2015.

1. vikas singh

vikas singh New Member

Guys I have bought a stock CTE @107 please share your views on the stock....

Present M-Cap 200cr approx
    Guidance of $2mn/month by FY2017
    PAT Margin Guidance of 25-30%

Please share your views

2. darth

darth Active Member

a scrip in the grip of speculators at the moment. The charts make an interesting reading : a lot of action in the last couple of months : it peaks around 145 and then a constant daily decline into the 90's ( only sellers) and then starts its upward journey again. I tried to buy three consecutive days(trading position purely) but didnt go through. At the moment it gets locked 2% up day with almost no volumes to support.

3. vikas singh

vikas singh New Member

what are you saying. this has gone to 149 only once.

4. Harshie

Harshie New Member

I am bullish of the co. though as correctly mentioned by Darth, the stock is in the grip of speculators. Unfortunately the wierd rules of BSE is also adding to the woes. It can move only 2% in either direction. Hence, took a long time to find the bottom and then again is in a U turn recovery.
    My avg. price is 134. I am bullish on the cloud space and seems that this company should create some wealth for me. I am hoping for a price of atleast 250/- if the co. delivers as they are promising.
    All the best Vikas. Hope we both make some good money . :)

vikas singh likes this.
  5. vikas singh

vikas singh New Member

i have a few more

FCEL bought a lower level 14.9 looking to keep for a few years
    Manappuram @ 22.4 will look to sell after next qtr results
    Suzlon@ 13

looking to sell suzlon soon dont think has much left in it.

6. darth

darth Active Member

There's another name then : Kellton Tech. But The name i made some solid money has been 8k Miles and Cigniti Tech. I have been highlighting all the three companies in some earlier posts.

I think (and i admit i am not good with the circuit limits and rules arnd them) it's 2% band now since its already hit the 20% and 5% bands earlier on. We i tried to buy it on three different occasions the scrip was moving up 5%

Suzlon : will not fail to suprise (ofcourse not in the short term). I would not sell it if i were you

7. darth

darth Active Member

Cambridge on its downward journey again????? Starts to show the 2% but now down. And if its a daily trend then its no different from the last time around. Time to watch it again.

8. vikas singh

vikas singh New Member

i dont think the price movement in this stock will be so predictable.... keep holding on if you have lets see what happens....

9. Harshie

Harshie New Member

There is a report in Moneylife magazine on stock manipulation in this counter. Does anyone have access to this report ?
    Can someone please share the contents of this article.

10. Harshie

Harshie New Member

Article by money life quite hastily written, really shoddy and zero financial reporting skill set.

"Cambridge Technology Enterprises (CTE) is supposed to be an information technology service-provider. CTE had a big bang initial public offering (IPO) in February 2007 that smacked of price manipulation. With a listing price of Rs45, the stock shot up by 122%, to Rs100, on the day of listing. It wasn’t long before it crashed. By the beginning of April 2007, the stock was down 50%, to Rs50. After extreme volatility in the stock price over the next two years, by February 2009, the stock price was down to Rs13. In February 2014, the stock hit another low of Rs3. This marked the starting point of a steep rally. Over the next 20 months, the stock shot up by about 4452%, to Rs145.20, on 14 October 2015. After another crash of 37%, to Rs91.90, the stock price shot up, once again, to Rs138.90, on 29 December 2015. The stock is up by 4254% from its low in February 2014.

As usual, for such stocks, the price rise is not supported by financials. The small-cap stock reported revenue of Rs25.34 crore for the year ended 30 September 2015, up by 6.29% over that in the same period last year. Net profit increased to Rs2.72 crore for the year ended September 2015, from Rs1.5 crore for the same period in the previous year. CTE is quoting a price-to-earnings of nearly a hundred times. In April 2007, Bhavin Chedda was charged with creating an artificial market and price manipulation in CTE and a few other companies. However, in November 2008, he was let off by the regulator, through a consent order, after paying a fine of just Rs1 lakh. It seems that the price manipulators are back and the regulator is twiddling its thumbs.""

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  11. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Total DANGEROUS Manipulation should be warning for all buying penny stocks in hope of fast riches. Many more such DANGERS are there in market. :(