Members Volunteerly Quarterly Disclosure of their Investment Portfolio upto only 30 Stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by kharb, Apr 3, 2017.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Their are many members in group who has made investment portfolio of their stocks.I hope some of them would like to volunteer to disclose their portfolio but only Quarterly.This would help other member to suggest a change or help some members to make their own investment portfolio.This would also make a positive pressure on us to make fundamentaly good secular growth performing portfolio.Member should only disclose Thier top 30 Stocks as ideally a portfolio should not exceed that.They can also disclose their top mutual funds holding upto maximum 10,ideally it should be less.No need to give exact no of stocks,they can give only weightage % of stocks of thier portfolio.This should be only of quarter ending.I also request members to indicate in which stocks of your portfolio you would invest fresh money and in which stocks you plan to exit and why? I request members not to post their trading stocks in this post.I shall be posting my portfolio ,once I get final figures from.NSDL.These are only for discussion and would not for any investment advise as member should take their own decision .

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Suggestions is very good :)

3. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

My portfolio of stocks as on 31 March exculding Mutual Funds ,which is almost equal to direct equity . Yes Bank 11.3℅ , ICICIBank 5.4℅ , HDFC Bank 5.2℅ , Axis Bank. 5.1℅ , Indusind Bank 3.5℅ , Kotak Bank. 3.5% , Fedral Bank 2.6℅ , DCB bank 2.3℅ , RBL Bank 1.8%, IDFC bank 1.6% , DHFL 5℅ , Rel Capital 3.9% L& T finance 2.2% , Lic housing 1.7% , GIC housing 0.6% , ICICI Prudential Insurance 2% , L&T 9.7% , RIL. 9.4% , ITC. 4.1% , Asian Paints 3.7℅ , Ultratech Cement 2.9% , Indian Hotel 2.6% , Lupin. 3.9% , Sun Pharma 1% , Vardhman Textiles 2.1% ,HUL 1.9%, Maruti and Tata motors combined 1% ,D mart ,Jsw steel and two other small cap combined less than 1% .As I am just a small invester ,so my post should not be considered as my buying advice ,this is just for discussion on this form.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    yembee, Farhan Ghumra, Newbie and 5 others like this.
  4. saashy

saashy Member

5. saashy

saashy Member

Thanks for taking the initiative and set the ball rolling.
    Private Banks as symbols / carriers of the growth story that India is going to see
    Also share your confidence in L&T expected to be at the forefront.

kharb likes this.
  6. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes,I forget to write ,I do have RBL bank also which I bought on day of listing and just in few days of listing,so has revised my portfolio,although % of other stocks remains same.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Members suggestions are welcome regarding addition or deletion.As a rule I like to invest minimum 2% and and maximum 10% in minimum four or more instalments over scatred period atleast a year or more.How I start buying ,I would start from 0.25 % and take it upto 1% in scatered way over few months .At 1% I watch the stock direction,quarterly results ,market news .If I get confidence at 1% ,I raise it to 2% if no confidence I just exit..After 2% I would increase weightage in scatred way ,only if stock is long term secular story and is giving me my target returns. If any stock give single digit returns CAGR over 5 years,it can no longer part of my portfolio,double digit CAGR return over last 5 years is must for any stock to remain in portfolio .Rule on minimum side if broken ,then it indicates either I am in buying mode or exit mode or stock is under watch.Any stock if more than 10,% indicate out performance of the stock has resulted into over 10%.I keep only fundamentaly strong secular growth strories ,known names in my portfolio,so it is a conservative mostly large cap along with few big mid caps portfolio . Target Return is just to get atleast 15% CAGR Returns and to out perform sensex,nifty and avg of large cap mutual funds by atleast 3% CAGR in long term .

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kharb ji , You are having good stocks all are quality stocks no doubt , but 55 % of your investments are in private Banks and financial market , so it is very high risk and high reward investment in one sector , i think your investment cause may be growing sector and all private bank business may not effect completely , it is safe in your view ....

it is just like Banking fund or thematic mutual fund ....
    i am appriciating your openness ....
    ALL THE BEST SIR

kharb likes this.
  9. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Yes,it is more heavy on pvt banking,NBFC including housing fin and insurance.But some of this high weightage is due to out performance of this sector .As I am myself from manufacturing sector,I am finding it difficult to identify good big mid cap manufacturing compnies ,which may grow atleast 15% for next five years ,but still at PE of under 15.More over I dont have any PSU banking in my portfolio ,that is only due to their exposure to industry and huge NPA.So NPA of PSU banks indicates tight situation of industry,so just imagine plight of share holder of those companies also which have taken these NPA loans,I dont want to be one of them..So I am betting on Indian consumer and almost 90 % of my portfolio is devoted to The Greate Indian consumer ,with 1.25 billion population. L&T is only non consumer play ,which is play on Indian Govt infra and defence .

10. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Good initiative @kharb sir. you are great teacher of investing, targeting 15% CAGR return not greedy for returns.i admire you as an investor and your portfolio also shows how good a investor you are.hats off sir.

kharb likes this.
  11. shakti khanduri

shakti khanduri Active Member

@ Mr kharb ,Impressed by your portfolio. But has there been any investment where you did not make money,like me? I have had many disappointments. What are the lessons learnt? Kindly inculcate.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Every body has failures, rather I wasted a decade in just learning that a small invester could only make money in Fundamentally Strong Quality Secular Growth Stories .It took me two decades to learn that that only ride success and try to jump from failures at the earliest.We should ride long enough on winners which will be few and should jump out of failures at the earliest as they may be many.If some body has taught me this 20 years back,I could have so much money ,that even mentiong of that will be a joke.I had all good stocks like Eicher,Viniti Organics ,HDFC bank Shree cements etc many years or decades back,but to me those were just ordanry stocks then ,like others to be sold periodically with minimum gains just compensate loss of loser which were kept for turn arounds,which mostly never happened.Now I have learned lessons but age is not on my side.I have been fan of Rahul Dravid and follow his style in my investment.But speculation in my view is Like,Speed thrills but Kills.Speculation is job of experts who can create hype of third grade stocks bought by them very cheap and forcing small investers to buy them as herd like followers.After every boom ,investers are left with these third grade stocks when new fools are not available .

Ruchir Joshi and w4wealth like this.
  13. shakti khanduri

Big Thanks.Sheer wisdom simplified,worth many kgs Gold.

14. Srouta Mukherjee

I am in same position.
    I also did such and lost huge multibagger gains from many great stock. Even Symphony I sold for small sum at loss after that stock became 10 bagger. Many such sad stories are there in my portfolio also :(

15. Srouta Mukherjee

100% Agreed :)

16. shakti khanduri

Does your long experience supports the use of technical study for long term horizon? Kindly share your wisdom.

17. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I never look at technicals ,I only look into business, quality of management,and most importantly I look into possibility of growth for next five years and beyond ,with scatered buying.Growth is most important as only it can save you from problem of buying levels.With growth story,even if you are buying at high price ,you are leaving your returns of next one or two years ,after that you will ride it for many years .That is why secular growth stocks will be at higher PE But from growth I mean future growth.Some time we ends up paying for past growth..As I love to hold stocks for long term and is slow in exit,So I prefer secular growth story to hide my this weakness.I don't look into technicals as I do scatered buying over a long period in minimum four trenches .If stock goes as per my plan then I continue buying for few years may be more than 20 times or even more.I love to buy stocks which are giving secular returns and one can keep buying even if stock is going up as your trailing average price will be significantly lower than market price.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  18. shakti khanduri

Yet another enlightening wisdom ,seldom found in investment books. Yet another query- Do you keep on adding fresh cash or you meet the required need by booking profit elsewhere.What strategy do you adopt for booking profit or exitng a position.Kindly accept thanks in advance.

19. DEVESH NANKANI

DEVESH NANKANI New Member

Below is my investment portfolio -
    Tata Motors(6.1%),
    HDFC Bank(4.3%)
    L&T Finance(4.3%)
    Aksh Optifibre(3.9%)
    Lupin(3.7%)
    HDFC(3.6%)
    DHFL(3.3%)
    Hero Moto Corp(2.8%)
    HCL Technologies(2.6%)
    Kitex Garments(2.6%) (I guess made bad decision on this)
    Aurobindo pharma(2.5%)
    PNB Housing(2.5%)
    RBL Bank(2.5%)
    Bharat Financial Incl(2.4%)
    NOCIL(2.3%)
    Sunpharma(2.3%)
    ITC(2.2%)
    Reliance Capital(2.1%)
    Axis Bank(2.1%)
    Prima Plastic(2%)
    UFO Moviez(2%)
    Infosys(1.7%)
    Federal Bank(1.7%)
    Sterling Tools(1.7%)
    Sudarshan Chemicals(1.6%)

w4wealth and kharb like this.
  20. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Good portfolio ,but I don't like kitex ,for more read my comments in many threads for last two years on Kitex