Rebuilt My Portfolio.. ur opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by yesh1683, Sep 29, 2015.

1. yesh1683

yesh1683 New Member

Hi frends..

Yesterday i rebuilt my portfolio selling most of non performing stocks..
    I have invested 70% of my investment amount.. for remaining 30% need valuable suggestions.

Infosys 100q at rs1111

Sun Pharma 50q at rs867

Ajantha Pharma 50q at rs1445

Bata India 125q at rs1070

Strides Acrolab 24q at rs1214

JB Chem 100q at rs267

Financial Tech 100q at rs114 (selected this because it pays good dividend. pays rs 5 per share per quarter that becomes rs20 per year.)

Eicher 2q at 17550 (Bought it as it significantly corrected from recent 52wk High)

Colgate 1556q Holding from last 6 years.

2. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Seems like a pretty solid portfolio now. I would just feel that maybe Dabur/HUL might have been better than Colgate, instead of FT (If you are looking for div yield) you can look at Coal India, Clariant Chemicals, Syndicate bank or even NMDC. Great div yield and good stocks to hold for long term. Also I would have got Cipla/Glenmark instead of Sun. But thats just my choice. Looks pretty decent portfolio to me. Also try to get a bank and/or HFC in there. I would suggest Axis and/or Repco/DHFL.

3. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

Well said dinesh ,

In my View in your your portfolio stock selection is very good , no doubt about it , it is class 1 stocks ,
    i want to give one suggestion you need some correction in it , your portfolio is over weightage to defensive stocks sectors like personal care and pharma sector ,

if you are a low risk apatite investor there is no problem in it , but in only one stock " colgate " you invested nearly " 76 % " of your entire portfolio value ...it is not good point ,

please diversify in that sector with other good companies like " Hindustan Uni Lever " , " Bajaj Corp " , " ITC"

If you are a moderate risk taker ... Invest in Metals , oil sector and Banking also

NMDC, TATA STEEL , ONGC ,GAIL , ICICI BANK , SBI these are all corrected some extent and these are all Nifty stocks except bajaj corp

but in my view in one sector 76 % weightage and invested in only stock is a major weak point in your portfolio

there may be a chance of stock hike ...but you are maintaining a tight portfolio with 5 sectors and 9 stocks

so stock selection part is ok , but please review on colgate weightage part ....

ALL THE BEST

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    dineshkapoor27 likes this.
  4. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

Book periodically profits, this is the mantra of stock market.
    Always set your target i.e. profit/loss - if a stock reaches your target (say 25% increase) take profit and come out and same for loss, if it declines (say 10-15%) come out of stock, do not get emotional with any stocks...

5. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Spread colgate into colgate, britannia and ITC. There are two more IT stocks - 8k Miles and Cigniti Tech.

Sunpharma faces challenges in the immediate, whilst other pharma companies like Glenmark, AUrobindo seem to be liked by the markets. FDC and Granules are two scrips i myself invested in when markets cracked in August. Both Already up between 20-30% since then.

6. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

My suggestions if you have made money in stock market, invest the profit and sit calm and take out capital and deposit in bank.

7. yesh1683

yesh1683 New Member

Thank You for valuabluable suggestions... Dinesh, Rama Murthy, SUnny and Sachin..

I will sell off 556 out of 1556 shares of Colgate..

Planning to add these stocks,, whats ur views

Marksons Pharma
    Clariant Chemicals
    Ashok Leyland

Intersted in Navkar Corporation also.. is it good for long term??

Thank u all once again.

8. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

N
    None of them better than Colgate.

9. dineshkapoor27

I think you are looking at Marksans, Clariant and Ashok Leyland to diversify. Then I would suggest Clariant. Great dividend yield, buyback at 950/- scheduled already. Also a great company in the making with an MNC promoter. Marksans and AL seems a bit streched in PE, so I will not recommend them. ALL THE BEST!

Colgate is a good stock but since you already have some of it in the portfolio, I would suggest you buy Clariant.

10. Sachin pathak

Marksan is one of my multibaggers so have a liking to it. But wouldnt suggest entering at this price for the scrip is pretty volatile. Think about it arnd 80-85 at best.

AL - is worthwhile from a medium term perspective. Turnaround seen. MHCV demand on the upswing. So whilst the scrip has rallied considerably the high PE captures more the good times to come. I started buying about a year ago and have been buying eversince - even entering at 84/-

11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Marksan is a good stock ..but resent year promoter sell some of his stake sold ...

CMP :Rs. 103.60

Some high to moderate risk apatite investors may try to buy at Rs. 97 -90 levels
    with a stop loss of 88 Rs .

After buying at that level

that if stock cross above Rs. 116 it may reach Rs .125 after 125 levels strong resistance at Rs. 140 levels ....

So if stock but at that level and 50 % stock profit booking at 116 levels , and 25 % at 125 remaining 25 % at 140 levels

if stock not came to my buying levels and crossing Rs. 116 already position holding persons may try for this targets

ALL THE BEST

12. SUNNY

SUNNY Member

Marksan has risen very high and very fast, be careful while investing in such stocks, you will not get opportunity to get out if it get crash

13. Sachin pathak

Sunny, i think there is a punt happening on the stock. The management isnt really A class. I invested a few years ago - average cost less than even 10/- so is one of my favourites but having said that the problem with the stock is that its volatile so at this level of 100+ its avoidable for there is a strong possibility of a better entry point in the shortterm. But the trend remains upwords. The next spurt will see it reaching 140. But this spurt isnt. Going to happen in a jiffy - like how it moved from the 50's into the 90's.

So entry point at this stage is important.

But hey its a good trading opportunity.... I do it all the time in addition to my core initial holding.

14. Bimal

Bimal New Member

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Posting my Portfolio below. Kindly let me know your views.

Axis Bank
    Cholamandalam Fin
    Tata Motors
    Yes Bank

DHFL
    Relaxo
    Thomas Cook

Ashiana
    Atul Auto
    Century Plyboard
    Granules
    HSIL
    KPR Mills
    Orient Cement
    Repco
    Suven Iifescience
    TCPL

15. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Better you start giving views.

16. dineshkapoor27

@Bimal your portfolio is quite solid. Hold on for solid returns.

17. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Dear Bimal ,

Your portfolio is good ...you have a aggressive growth portfolio
    High risk high return portfolio

if you are a moderate or low risk apatite Investor ... add some Large cap quality
    stocks and reduce some mid cap stocks ...otherwise no problem ... go ahead

ALL THE BEST

18. Bimal

Bimal New Member

@RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA, Thanks for your valuation input. Investment in equity is for high return and yes high risk is always associated when you aim for high return.

19. Bimal

Bimal New Member

Hi Kharb,

I will be pasting my views on the stocks which I am very much confident and also invested.

Granules :- Looking forward:

Recent Development:

Granules-OmniChem Private Ltd. inaugurates manufacturing facility at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, February 20, 2015

Granules-OmniChem Private Ltd. inaugurated their manufacturing facility for high-value active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and intermediates. The company is a joint venture between Granules India Ltd., a fast growing pharmaceutical manufacturing company and Ajinomoto OmniChem, a leading producer of fine chemicals for the pharmaceutical industry.

Company partnership has a distinct advantage as it combines two companies that are known for their high quality products, extensive technological expertise and operational efficiency. The new facility is designed and built to the highest standards of the global API manufacturing sector and positions itself uniquely to address the needs in the pharmaceutical market.

High Court of Hyderabad approved the merger of Auctus Pharma with Granules India. Hyderabad, November 13, 2014

Granules India Ltd announced that the Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad for the State of Telangana & Andhra Pradesh has sanctioned the Scheme of Amalgamation whereby Auctus Pharma Limited (Wholly – Owned Subsidiary) stands amalgamated with Granules India Limited. Certified true copy of the Court order was filed with Registrar of Companies on 13th November, 2014 with appointed date of April 1, 2013.

Auctus Pharma was a public limited and unlisted company incorporated on 25th April 2000 located at Hyderabad. Auctus Pharma was the manufacturer and seller of bulk drugs and intermediates. It has two manufacturing facilities, an API facility in the Pharmacity in Vishakhapatnam and an Intermediate facility in Hyderabad. The API facility has approvals from leading regulatory agencies including the U.S. FDA, EDQM, Health Canada, KFDA and WHO-GMP. Auctus’ product portfolio includes twelve APIs and two intermediates. The portfolio includes APIs in several therapeutic categories such as Antihistamine, Antihypertensive, Antithrombotic and Anticonvulsant as well as other therapeutic categories.

Financial Performance:

Granules India consolidated net profit rises 18.71% in the June 2015 quarter

Net profit of Granules India rose 18.71% to Rs 27.15 crore in the quarter ended June 2015 as against Rs 22.87 crore during the previous quarter ended June 2014. Sales rose 11.23% to Rs 345.94 crore in the quarter ended June 2015 as against Rs 311.02 crore during the previous quarter ended June 2014.

Granules India consolidated net profit declines 5.21% in the March 2015 quarter

Net profit of Granules India declined 5.21% to Rs 22.40 crore in the quarter ended March 2015 as against Rs 23.63 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2014. Sales rose 11.70% to Rs 354.60 crore in the quarter ended March 2015 as against Rs 317.47 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2014.

For the full year, net profit rose 20.84% to Rs 90.91 crore in the year ended March 2015 as against Rs 75.23 crore during the previous year ended March 2014. Sales rose 17.98% to Rs 1292.92 crore in the year ended March 2015 as against Rs 1095.86 crore during the previous year ended March 2014.

Investment Rationale:

i) Transformed to Integrated Pharmaceutical Company – Granules India is present across the entire manufacturing value chain from active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) to pharmaceutical formulation intermediates (PFI) to finished dosages (FD) manufacturing. Company is having strong presence in first line of defense products such as Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Metformin and Guaifenesin. Regulated markets such as North America and Europe account for ~63% of overall revenue, while the balance comes from quality conscious customers in Latin America, India and ROW countries.

ii) Auctus Acquisition & Turnaround Strategy – Company has entered into potentially higher margin products through Auctus Pharma acquisition in 2014 with focus on development of new APIs through in-house R&D. Auctus was a loss-making yet high-potential integrated API business with facilities that has approvals for exports to various regulated markets. Granules India will improve the poor process efficiency at Auctus, based on its standards of operational excellence. Granules India will look at predominantly focusing on regulated market exports, thereby boosting both topline and bottom-line (in comparison to Auctus largely domestic customer base). Auctus acquisition brought 12 molecules to the table in therapeutic areas such as antihistaminic, anti-hypertensive, antithrombotic, anticonvulsant and 22 regulatory filings, significant saving in time to market for Granules on product diversification strategy.

iii) PFI Capacity Expansion – Construction of an additional PFI capacity of 4,000 TPA at Gagillapur has been completed, taking total PFI capacity at Granules to 18,400 TPA. This module will start contributing to revenue in the current year. Granules India has a unique offering of 6MT batch for PFI. This results in considerable time and cost savings for global pharma companies.

iv) Growth from higher margin molecules – Development of new products through in-house R&D will help company to improve its margins. Company launched its first new product Abacavir, an anti-retroviral launched in FY15. It also launched Etoricoxib, an anti arthritis and Rececodatril, an ant diarrheal. These two products are just commercialized and the sales would be picking up slowly. Total 3-4 APIs expected to be launched in FY16.

v) Presence in higher margin CRAMS business with Granules Omnichem JV – Set up in July 2011 as a 50-50 JV company with Belgium based Omnichem, a part of the Ajinomoto Group. The JV has set up a facility in Vizag SEZ for manufacturing of high-value APIs for Innovators and Brand Leaders on a contract manufacturing basis. JV Strategy is to provide a cost effective manufacturing base to innovators for manufacturing their products when they go off patent due to continuous price erosion, this will help some of Omnichem’s existing customers decelerate loss of market share for their brands.

vi) Foray into Finished Dosages to increase margins in long term – Granules India strategy is to obtain cost leadership in manufacturing of APIs for quality conscious customers and thereafter shifting them to FDs in a phased manner. In line with this, Granules India will bank on the assured API supply from Auctus to file ANDAs for some of the molecules. The acquisition will thus be a continuation of Granules India existing business model and will merely add new molecules to a validated business strategy.

20. Sachin pathak

Strange but true and not suprised though......

All portfolios which get listed in here mainly consist of names that are anyways doing the rounds on forums like this and/or stocks which some so-called investment guru's have bought into (but which unfortunately becomes public ONLY AFTER the scrips have risen considerably)

Be original guys......