What is happening to Axiscades Engineering Tech?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by alchemist, Apr 20, 2015.

1. alchemist

alchemist New Member

Hi,

I bought 100 shares of Axiscades Engineering Technologies at 330 rs per share. It went to 380's and is now seems to be crashing in the market.

Whats happening? Is there some thing which the market knows which i dont know. Should i exit or hold on?

2. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, the stock is in a frightening tailspin. It has lost nearly 25% in just five days. I suspect that it may just be some profit booking. Even now, the stock is up 157% over six months and 63% over three months. So, the stock has seen gains coming in 'fast and furious' and the gains are going out the same way.

I think the best thing at the moment is to hold on and wait for the stock to settle down and consolidate. The Q4FY15 results and the management commentary may provide some guidance of what to do with the stock.

3. bholu

bholu Active Member

I have bought shares of the company in recent correction. The management has guided for a 300 crore revenue target...debt is low and company has recently signed MOU with Airbus with revenues likely to be 300. I do not see anything wrong with fundamentals ...the company recently issued a clarification on NSE that there is malicious information spread on social media which is incorrect...that may hold the reasons for the sharp fall ..I am holding tight till the results and then review

4. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Technically, if 265 doesn't hold then it may slip to 225 levels also(cmp 286)

5. Meenakshi Razdan

Hmmm, something appears to be seriously wrong somewhere. The Company has issued a clarification stating that it "strongly denies malicious and slanderous remarks" spread by "vested interests". It is also stated that the operations of the company are being carried out "in compliance with applicable law and the highest standards of corporate governance".

What are these "remarks". What are the allegations? Some institutions appear to be dumping the stock. They wouldn't do that if they felt that there is no credibility to these "remarks".

If anyone is aware of what these remarks are, please share it with us.

6. bholu

bholu Active Member

yes..even I am curious and somewhat nervous... what are statements, where have they been made...the company recently notified changing its corporate office to Bengaluru for better synergies..but the continuous sell off is certainly suggesting that something maybe wrong...however I could not find anything wrong with the profile of the company ?

7. bholu

bholu Active Member

the experience shows that old age practice of value investing still holds...I have seen that whenever I invest looking at fundamentals I have been successful ...whenever I compromise on fundamentals the results have been not so good...lesson for all retail investors...

8. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

I hope the tie up with Airbus and all that still holds true. I guess that's the reason people (including me) :-[ were buying as if there is no tomorrow

9. bholu

bholu Active Member

@Parin Cheer up...as I said I could not find anything wrong so far, if you are on social media try and dig up if you can find something...will definitely try and hold till results ...lets hope for the best ;D

10. Parin Gala

Positive opening for Axiscades. Looks like the crazy downride is over (at least for now)

11. bholu

bholu Active Member

Trading in a range but the volumes are almost up by 50-60 times....when it was hitting circuits the volumes were much lower..this trading pattern is definitely very strange....I wonder what is SEBI doing...and then it is said that participation of retail investors is so low...we definitely need better regulation of stock markets

12. Arun S G

Arun S G New Member

Appears to be a classic pump-and-dump stock.

13. Meenakshi Razdan

The mystery is still about those "malicious and slanderous remarks" which appear to have triggered the collapse of the stock. Nobody knows what those remarks are.

In a classic pump and dump, the operators work behind the scenes, wait for the retail investor to buy the stock, and then gently ease themselves off the stock.

Here, the stock was publicly bought by reputed investors after news came that there is/was a deal with Airbus. The stock has started plunging after those alleged "remarks".

It appears that the reputed investors are themselves the victims. They bought the stock on a certain assumption and having found it to be untrue/ hoax, are dumping the stock.

14. Rajesh

Rajesh Member

Madame,
    Promoters had sold a large chunk of shares on 23, 26, 27 March. We did not know this fact and purchased the share on high value. I am attaching information submitted by company to BSE in this regards. These are downloaded from Moneycontrol.com. It might be possible that in social media it was not considered a good corporate practice to pump and then dump. Please share your views what to do next hold or sell.

15. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

God. this is really shocking if it is true. How management can itself do pump and dump of its own company's shares. What confidence investors can have in such a company. These are documents filed with SEBI then why sebi is not looking into the issue? Investors have lost hundreds of crore in sell off of the stock. It is is constant LC for several days now.

16. Parin Gala

There was a very heavy tipping circulated by many people to buy this stock when it was at 370-380. So many of my friends got ''tips'' from many sources about this stock being a future multi-bagger. Retail investors have invested huge amounts at peak levels. Why do small retail investors always become scapegoats? :'(

17. bholu

bholu Active Member

There is always a strategy to beat manipulators, if you enter a stock based on tip for trading gains remember two things keep a tight stop loss (around 5% to 10%) of buy price and secondly invest only a small amount, especially if it is a non-index stock ....this is unfortunately the part of game ....there is always a chance of loss of capital in stock markets

18. Meenakshi Razdan

If so, then it is clearly a case of a concerted pump -n - dump scheme. Very unfortunate indeed. I hope SEBI takes some action, at least against the "tippers" whose contact details must be available.

Well, at the time that you are buying the stock, you don't know that you are falling into the trap laid by manipulators (or you wouldn't have bought it in the first place) ;) You are buying because you think that the stock is going to go places due to the Airbus delal and the defense orders etc. In fact, at a dip in the stock price, you may be tempted to buy more thinking that you have a bargain on your hands. The realization that you have been taken for a ride comes much later and it may be too late by then.

19. alchemist

alchemist New Member

This 50% price drop from 396 rs to 259 rs has taken place over a period of two weeks. What is interesting is all the TV channels (msnbc (moneycontrol) and ET now) completely side stepped this fall. They were discussing 1-4% fall of other shares while Axiscade was falling at 10% per day.

There seems to be no news on any exits by Ashish Kacholia and Hiren Ved who had sizable investments in this stock. I was assuming that they were holding on. But it appears that they must have exited already in the early days of the fall. It is almost as if everybody knew about it but chose to ignore the situation sucking in more gullible retail investors. I was not even able to exit at 259rs as SEBI seems to have put some kind of hold on this stock at NSE and BSE. This market is filled with such stories. It makes me think whether i should exit and just play the market through the mutual fund route :'(

20. Meenakshi Razdan

Hmmm ... events like this do shake the confidence of investors. However, the lesson to learn from this is not to chase "fancy" stories in the urge to make quick money. This is probably what Mr. Vijay Kedia was referring to when he said that investors like "complex" stories instead of "simple" stories. Investors looking for stocks in the defense theme choose newcomers like Axiscades and Dynamatix even though they are quoting at high valuations instead of relying on the tried and trusted stocks like Bharat Electronics. I think that if the message goes home even now that one should not veer off the beaten path, it is not too late.