What is review of Alpha Invesco?

Discussion in 'Stock Advisory Services' started by sushil tandey, Mar 30, 2016.

1. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Hi All,

I have read most of the discussion on this thread, I could find some detailed reports on prudent equity, *********** etc.

But can anyone give feedback on Alpha Invesco? How good are they, also how much was the downside protection do they give?

2. rockstar1982

rockstar1982 New Member

Hi Sushil,

I am a member of Alpha Invesco for the past 5 months. They have 5 stocks on their buy list currently. I have brought two stocks out of them. Not much activity on the site though. Their stock hold rec is minimum 2 years i think.

3. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Hi RockStar,

How if there response, how well did they perform in the fall of Aug 2015 or say Feb 2016. And is the cost 25k for the 2020 plan is a yearly plan or 25k is for 4 years?

4. rockstar1982

rockstar1982 New Member

I have just experienced the fall of Feb 2016. The stocks are still in recovery mode. 25k plan is for 4 years.

5. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Thanks Rockstar

for the feedback, I also called them, as per them only 1 stock came below the reco price in jan and feb this year. I guess they meant the original stock price, because they have a buy list, where the keep updating the same stock.

Looks okay to me for now, will subscribe soon.

6. rockstar1982

rockstar1982 New Member

No buddy all of them were down as per my info. Since i used to keep checking them daily.

7. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Kindly give an example with out the stock name, say, they recommended a stock in price range 100- 125, you bought at say 115, and then in Jan/Feb it went down till say 80, and it is still below your 115? Am I correct?

8. rockstar1982

rockstar1982 New Member

Yep sure. There was one share which I had brought at 62 and their recommendation was around 48 and buying range was 55-75. But the same went down till 47. As such of their 5 recommendations I have brought only 2 :)

9. sushil tandey

sushil tandey New Member

Do not you think this is absurd,

When the recommendation is for 48, and the range is 55 - 75 on the higher end, it is almost 50% appreciation. this is very dangerous, because if the recommendation fails, and some one has bought at the higher end, it will be a big loss.

10. rockstar1982

rockstar1982 New Member

Yes you are right. The above one i have brought i am still in loss.

11. kong.ben

kong.ben New Member

its 5 years .... and 400-500% return expected . i checked their website but didn't have the patience to wait 5 years.

12. Long Term

Long Term New Member

Learnt from a friend recently, they recently have closed 2 calls abruptly after holding of one year, not even 10% return, it is a scary thing in terms of time invested. And they have added some names which primarily are older recommendations the rational given is improvement of fundamentals. Someone on this forum had mentioned that it is a risky proposition to engage with such advisory which have such long holding period, average of 2-3 years, and then you find yourself generating almost no returns. Means 6 calls in a year 2 gives nothing, 4 you wait on, with 2 from older stable,on hindsight it also justifies that why they are so cheap 28,000 for 5 years.

13. MoneyWorks4ME

MoneyWorks4ME Active Member

People have to come out of the calls mentality to make real wealth. Real wealth happens by holding to stocks over a long period. Our Media has got people to think that wealth is created in short term. Again people hunt out for multibaggers. Yes they can be there in the portfolio but only a small portion of the portfolio must be allocated. Believe in the power of compounding

14. Livermore

Livermore Member

I have a slightly different view. Power of compounding does not work if rate of return is less than avg inflation rate (~6% in India) or more importantly if less than zero, it equally erodes your capital. U have to keep in mind opportunity cost as well. One cannot invest in any stock and wait for 10 years to deliver result. Behind every stock, there is a company. There needs to a strong investment thesis in picking a stock and one needs to constantly monitor if company behind the stock is in line with your investment thesis during your holding period. If thesis does not hold, time to exit the stock. If thesis holds, hold on to the stock irrespective of current stock price. Sooner or later, stock price will catch up to the true value. Holding for multiple years is dictated by holding good of your thesis behind buying the stock initially. Ensure margin of safety for your valuation errors.

Successful investors look for sufficient near term catalysts/triggers in a company which can also serve as periodic checkpoints of your thesis. Blind holding can work for very high quality companies such as hul, Colgate, hdfcbk etc but one has to contend with avg returns.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    prateek.kackar likes this.
  15. Livermore

Livermore Member

Few tips from traders like Livermore or darvis that is applicable to investors:
    1. Never take profit out of a rising stock. Remember a stock in profit is to compensate for your other losses and dictates your overall return. If possible, u may need to add to your positions if thesis holds and cheap price wrt valuation still. If you take profit sooner, your gains are capped. Investors or traders need to control emotions in taking profits early.
    2. Alternatively cut your losses early. However we sit on our losses waiting for it to break even (but u may go broke instead). Compare it to a player in a game if injured for life versus just sprain injury. You can still hold hope on player with sprain injury but not with a permanently or heavily injured player. Take your money out and invest on a sound healthy player.

If you are a fundamental investor, your investment thesis in consonent with valuation is your Bible/guide. If you are a trader, stop loss and trailing stop loss discipline is your guide.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  16. Livermore

Livermore Member

My view on alphainvesco:
    1. Person behind alphainvesco looks for stocks that can deliver 10x returns in 10 years with holding period greater than min 5 years. So only subscribers with that holding period in mind can join hands with him.
    2. He looks for companies with expanding earning power.
    3. It is a concentrated portfolio of 5-10 stocks wherein you add to existing holdings over years as companies behind stocks deliver or hope to deliver continuously.

All the above are good principles in tune with buffett books. (However buffett is a manager as well, for his investment companies; and he monitors the companies behind the stocks daily. So he has luxury to ignore stock price till lifetime of company behind the stock. We are poor investors and hence cannot copy him exactly).

This person learns along with subscribers and one needs to wait for 2-3 years before things firm up for take off; or treat this amount as tuition fee for the lessons learned jointly. Hopefully no bear market by then. That's why subscription is cheap and for long term till 2020. Be patientful. Alphainvesco is a great seed now that can potentionally grow into a plant (to bear flowers in 5 years) and then into tree (to bear fruits in 10 years). Keep it in your watch though as this person has a very good aspiring learning mentality and not dropping lessons.

17. Livermore

Livermore Member

If I look for a guide to climb Mt.Everest, I look for a person who has climbed it at least once and not a co-climber.

18. Long Term

Long Term New Member

Well I waited for taking the feedback from my friend, whom I had referred to while posting my earlier comments, before I wrote this.

Jargon used in your post is very nice to read, I am sure 90 + % of the community members are aware of. If anyone advises you 4-5 stocks in a year and none sits on notional profit of even better than banks' interests rate after a year and then on top of it you shelve out half of your recommendations, stating that things have changed. I assume that you could make it easily sit in great "lost opportunity cost" category.

No stock on earth has moved in linear direction ever, that is also known & understood, but anyone in business of advising very qualified and hand picked opportunities if does not even come out with basic result declaration on their site, within a day or two with the revised view on stock ,(post company's results declaration) then it will be safe to say either they are not a full time investor or are just lazy and believe me paying 5600 a year / 466 a month too is very costly for such service.

When I came to know that for some of their suggested stocks they shared the result report after 3-4 days, for me the service won't a worth even 40Rs a month. There could be counter that you have invested why don't you just download , well ppl in any case will do so, but the purpose of professional service fails again.

So, pls spare the thought of people looking for multibaggers & all, refrain from looking for immaturity everywhere.

You see the color of world with the color of glasses you wear. :)

Mr Yogi likes this.
  19. Uma S

Uma S New Member

Its not performing at all, not recommended.

20. Uma S

Uma S New Member

Its not performing at all, not recommended. Now more are selling in loss after holding stock 3-5 years at 20-50% loss.