Will the BJP Government suceed in prosecuting Vijay Mallya?

Discussion in 'Must-Read Interviews, Articles & News Items' started by New_Investor, Mar 8, 2016.

?

Will the BJP Government succeed in prosecuting Vijay Mallya?

Poll closed Mar 15, 2016.
  1. Yes

44.4%
  2. No

33.3%
  3. Can't say

22.2%
  1. bholu

bholu Active Member

No he has not invited me for coffee or any drink. However when I look at this media trial I feel that correct facts need to be brought out. I do feel that this is a sort of conspiracy by the media to divert the attention from grave issues and protect some vested interest. It also helps to get new information by sharing my thoughts.

2. darth

darth Active Member

So btw what are the real pressing issues? And how does the poster boy divert attention?

3. New_Investor

New_Investor Active Member

4. New_Investor

5. New_Investor

6. New_Investor

Are you talking about Vijay Mallya's tweet
    "Let media bosses not forget help, favours,accommodation that I have provided over several years which are documented. Now lies to gain TRP?"
    By using the term "vested interest", did you mean the "vested interest" owing to "help, favours,accommodation that Vijay Mallya have provided over several years"?

7. bholu

bholu Active Member

Darth Ji and Kharb Ji,

I request you two to change your names. I keep getting confused. I responded to Kharb Ji's message by addressing him as Darth Ji. ;)
    I have listed all the major issues. Also, Is Mallya really a criminal ? If so let the banks go to court of law and deal with him. They have all the resources to do so. I really do not see the point in focusing on him unless the media has an axe to grind with him or there is some "hidden agenda". There are several defaulters bigger than him. All of a sudden his employees are on air. The lady employee I mentioned comes on air and says I want my salary. I am sure lakhs of people are exploited by their employers. Have you ever seen media represent anybody or give airtime to anyone. I remember CNBC had terminated its own journalists/ employees on short notice without assigning any reason. NDTV is running show a on Kingfisher calendar. There must be some self introspection.
    The BJP says loans were sanctioned during Congress rule. The Congress says BJP "helped" him escape. The CBI says they had issued a detention notice which was changed to lookout notice. The AG represents banks in court. May I ask why ? They are commercial banks. They operate for profits. They have to protect their own interests. Have they really shown any urgency to act against any other defaulter. Have they initiated any departmental inquiry against those who sanctioned the loans. This has become a political circus.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  8. bholu

bholu Active Member

I meant "vested interests" who want the public to focus on Vijay Mallya and forget the other major defaulters. I meant vested interests who do not want the public to think about the inefficiency and corruption in the Indian banking system and aviation industry.

9. darth

darth Active Member

I dont really care about any such vested interests. My sole vested interest is monies ought to be recovered from all defaulters and i dont really care if its Mallya whose door was knocked first.

10. New_Investor

Media is more interested in gaining TRP. They will show/ print what they think the public would be interested to see/ read. Very soon the matter will be forgotten. Vijay Mallya and his bank loan repayment will soon become history. Public will also forget him.

11. prashant

prashant Active Member

Dear bholu,
    media loves to play rich and poor game for TRP .
    If some tata nano hits a pedestrian its not a news , but if a audi or Benz hits , its a big news .
    Peoples love to see a rich person behind bars who flies in private jet and has beauties around him .

Mallya also received lot of favors, but airlines business is never easy to run . I wish he should have all resources now to make it profitable . We can not compare with Air India since it has as license to burn public money :) .

Thanks,
    Prashant

12. bholu

bholu Active Member

On the employees who are demanding salary, I think this is what they could have done. Of course I am not suggesting anything to anyone. Everybody should follow the law of the land.
    I cannot be held accountable if anybody has done this in the past or does this in the future. But they missed their chance. Ab pachtaye hot kya jab chidiya chug gayee khet (Nothing will happen if you repent after the birds have eaten the grains from the field). Incidentally "Kingfisher" is also a bird but it fishes and does not eat grain.

https://www.medianama.com/2015/11/223-tinyowl-hostage-crisis-part-2/

I am no longer commenting on this thread but I hope sanity prevails on the Mallya issue. I guess I need to focus on my thread on equity investing. Who knows we can become the Vijay Mallya of equity investing:p? If not a private jet at least I can hope to fly the newly introduced "premium economy" in the air travel ?

13. darth

darth Active Member

Count me out... I certainly wouldn't want to be somebody like Vijay Mallya.

On investing I'd work towards being a RJ

A school boys answer when asked to describe the bird "kingfisher"..... Kingfisher is a male migratory bird with deep liking for all female birds without feathers. It resides in India not on the banks of any river but lives on banks. When the heat of the banks increase beyond tolerance it migrates to London. Previously it was labeled as an endangered bird during the Congress rule and hunting it down was a crime. Now however things have changed and it is to be hunted down because it is very elusive. Its basic diet is Beer and just like a Koyal sings 'koo koo', it too has a special song ...

No its not OO la la la le O....

Its ooloo banaaya oo oo...
    Banks se paise le lo le lo
    Lautana kisko he oo oo
    Sabko ooloo banaaya oo oo

bholu and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  14. New_Investor

I think you misunderstood Bholuji's statement "Who knows we can become the Vijay Mallya of equity investing:p?". Vijay Mallya was once called "King of Good times". Bholuji wants to become King of Value Investing. Bholuji is requested not to follow the footsteps of Vijay Mallya to become King. Bholuji can try to become King but following the footsteps of RJ and not VM.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  15. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Full Form :)

16. New_Investor

I think, as per Darth, RJ means Rakeshji Jhunjhunwala

17. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I mean Darth is in full form with good poetry :)

18. New_Investor

Ok. Sorry.

19. darth

darth Active Member

A good one....

A naked & drunk woman boards a cab in America. Driver of the cab, a gujju ( no offence please), keeps staring at her and does not start the cab.
    Woman: haven't you seen a naked woman before?
    Gujju : cool down. I am not staring at you. I am just wondering where have you kept the money to pay me?

Moral : this is what most of the banks failed to do. Assessing the repayment capacity before enjoying exposure...

Raaz and kharb like this.
  20. New_Investor