Ajanta Vs Torrent Vs Alembic

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by jeett, Jun 20, 2015.

1. jeett

jeett Member

Any body has done a comparison between Ajanta Vs Torrent Vs Alembic pharma? If yes, please share.

Thanks,
    Bhavesh

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

It might be difficult to get an exact comparison of these three companies, but what I would suggest you is that look into Pharma sector reports. A lot of brokerage firms and rating agencies periodically release sector reports on various sectors. In those reports there is actually a good amount of information of that particular sector as a whole as well as they also have their views on the companies which they are covering in those sectors. The stocks you mentioned are well known and there is a chance that most of the broking firms and rating agencies might already be covering these companies as part of their research. For more information on particular company you can also read the individual stock reports of the companies.

Investor2008, Krishna and stockjeet18 like this.
  3. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Ajanta is better than alembic, torrent ...though i feel that ajanta depends on institution tenders in african markets ... Around 295 crores out of 793 crores export sales were from institutional tenders in african countries... Here there is some sort of risk exists ...If they actively reduces it and gets shift towards some balanced, high level of growth in branded or generic generics , then the risk may be mitigated .

stockguru likes this.
  4. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Only one drug from their portfolio s in nlem(national list of essential medicines). If govt add more drugs from ophthalmology, dermatology under nlem then it may impact their margins heavily ...

stockguru likes this.
  5. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

stockguru likes this.
  6. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

Can u suggest which pharma is best buy at now considering 5 yrs horizon ??

7. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Nice post and well written. It seems you have a nice understanding of pharma companies and I would like you to guide me with the same.
    I want to know how to compare between two Pharma companies. Honestly I always get confused with them. Should you just compare them on the basis of their numbers, the sales and their profits etc or is there anything more we need to see when researching on a pharma company.
    One more question I have is that if a company is making drugs lets say for liver and another one is making drugs lets say for heart. How would you compare these two. Wouldn't it be like comparing apples to oranges?
    I would like if you and other board members to guide me on this. I would like to learn what factors to consider while researching a company in pharma sector and also what to consider while comparing two or multiple companies within the sector.

8. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Please read abt it here...
    https://stockshastra.moneyworks4me.com/pharma-sector-india-stock-overview-and-analysis/

Anil and stockguru like this.
  9. alchemist

alchemist New Member

It is interesting to note that Govt is planning to invest 5000 Crore Rs. to boost manufacturing of API drugs as 90% of API drugs are imported from China. They are planning to set up API manufacturing zones with tax sops, soft loans and cheaper electricity etc.. This should be a real boost for Indian API drug manufacturers like Divis, IPCA, Aurobindo, Strides etc. Nothing is yet finalized but govt. would most probably invest more to avoid dependency on China.
    https://www.business-standard.com/a...-makers-to-reduce-imports-115061800933_1.html

https://www.hindustantimes.com/busi...-5-000-cr-funding-boost/article1-1358662.aspx

stockjeet18 likes this.
  10. narayan.pal

narayan.pal Active Member

I want to know your view about JB Chemical with a 2-3 year's view.....plz share

11. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

I am a doctor and in investing from2010.never really got hold of pharma company and their way of business.ajanta pharma was never in my radar as a doctor but in investing it is very good.actually being a doctor did't gave me any advantage as an investor in pharma sector.lupin and such companies has good generic business in usa and any investigation by fda gives a big jolt.anyway people can invest in sun to get 20% profit in 1 yr.it is a statement made by company official in front of me.personally i never understood such a rich valuation.Its a good company still................

12. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

In india could you say me which disease is getting highr now. Also as you are a doctor background, can you say which disease is getting day by day in india, europe, africa.if you can answer that question then I can tryto pull companies based on those opportunities in different countries who are exporting from india.

13. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

no disease is going down in india.we suffer from infectious disease as well as from life style disease like diabetes and hypertension.cancer will also go up with increasing life expectancy.i can name very good company but they may not be a good investment. what i tried to say that its very difficult to follow lynch.any way pharma is not within my circle of competence.i wish macleods,intas and emcure list themselves and give me some opportunity.there are rumours of their listing.give me specific question it will be easier.i m new to this forum but old fruit in market.

14. Investor2008

Investor2008 Member

Even I m thinking intas I a good company

15. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

after a lot of thinking i have purchased glenmark.good balance sheet.but more importantly lizolid,ascoril is very successful brand.they have launched a successful calcium brand recently.more ever i feel medical representatives are extremely hard working and sincere.so after a lot of thinking i have started accumulating it and will continue for 5-6 month.i am not very positive about bulk drug manufacturer.as a doctor i have never heard anything about granule india.i think this is the formulation business where the money is.and yes,glenmark doesn't spend exoboriantly on promotion

16. NAMASIVAYAM

NAMASIVAYAM New Member

VERY USEFUL LINK.THANKS SIR

17. stockjeet18

stockjeet18 Member

Torrent pharma s getting huge cash from its arpiprazole drug sales with huge margin , limited players as now (just four companies) ... Their eps may grow nearly 60 to 70% this year ...
    Disc: invested

18. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

any way torrent is a good company.but plan before investing.

19. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@ stockjeet18 and anindyaswati ,

yes , good information .... Your torrent pharma analysis is good ...

good stock buy at crash or correction is more benefit and more safe

ALL THE BEST

suchi likes this.
  20. anindyaswati

anindyaswati Member

Dawa and daru stock will always be good.Only consideration is entry point.There will be no fundamental risk but there will always be investment risk.

Remember "every bond is AAA rated at a price"