China warns Soros Against a war on Renminbi

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by darth, Jan 28, 2016.

1. darth

darth Active Member

Why does China feel the need to warn Soros? Is this a sign of a nervous China? ? The aging billionaire has been called a “crocodile” and a “predator. Will Soros launch a war on China's currency. He has said he is betting against Asian currencies. Will it trigger another financial crisis?

Or

Is it a case where speculators like Soros are either making claims that run counter to reality or intentionally trying to create panic to snap profits?

Is it that the Chinese authorities are becoming increasingly sensitive to suggestions that a steeper RMB devaluation is a foregone conclusion?

Will India remain largely unaffected?

2. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

I'd go with the option that's speculators like Soros trying to create panic because of the prevailing economic condition. He's got a history of doing it once. But times have changed. Let's see.

India - at the risk of sounding generic - 1.3 billion people, no developed economy problems, disgust at foreigners curtailing financial freedom, revolution!

3. darth

darth Active Member

Twice actually - Bank of England and the Asian crisis 1997-98

So maybe he has got the Chinese nervous. He is too important to ignore. Whether a malicious attempt to create panic or A case of partial blind / homework not done, looks like a steeper RMB depreciation is a foregone conclusion. So instead of it being at once, could be that china is keen on a controlled depreciation and so is using its controlled media to fight back those who might spark a panic.

I dont have the answers...

4. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

oops forgot the Asian Crisis, only remember The Bank of England

i'm an explorer too, don't know anything about it

my question is what about India?

5. darth

darth Active Member

Per some soothsayers..... India will shine ever so bright. Hopefully even more than W2246-0526