Fed rate hike - seven year wait is over

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by darth, Dec 17, 2015.

1. darth

darth Active Member

Federal Reserve raises rates by 25 basis points

U.S. stocks rallied Wednesday, extending gains to a third day, after the Federal Reserve raised its key interest rate

The highly anticipated move read as a vote of confidence in the U.S. economy, though inflation missed the FED target for three years

By stressing that the pace of interest-rate hikes would be “gradual,” the Fed tried to assuage investor fears about ending a protracted period of ultralow rates, which have helped fuel a multiyear stock-market rally.

This stress on the gradual path of rate hikes and dependency on economic data before each and every move is being welcomed by markets

On the pace of rate hikes, Yellen said that they wouldn't be “equally spaced.”

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Big Relief. I was very scared but all stocks are in green and all is OK. Portfolio is in green and shining :) Hope continues this way!

3. Harshie

Harshie New Member

yes, big relief. I too am within striking distance (only another 4%) of my all time high portfolio.

4. darth

darth Active Member

Congrats... So how about sharing your holdings for the benefit of all