Happy New Year

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by the_joker, Jan 1, 2016.

1. the_joker

the_joker New Member

At the start of a new year, I have decided to jump into the world of Equity investing.

Am a complete novice in this field.

So all the experts in here please guide me on how to go about investing in Equity

Thanks

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Congrats for start on auspicious day. I suggest slow and steady steps because initial experience is vital for long term success. If you have good experience in beginning you will stay for long term if you have bad experience you will be scared. So start SIP in top quality mix cap fund like HDFC Top 200 or many others. Keep expectations low. If you get 15% to 18% you should be v. happy because it is tax free and higher (double) than bank/ FD returns. Meanwhile keep eye on market and study stocks which are talked about. After 6 month or 1 year there will be developed confidence and then you can also try direct investment in stocks instead/ in addition of SIP. You can see that even senior members like @kharb are even now investing in mutual funds and many of them for diversification in addition to direct investment in stocks. So mutual fund is best place and way to start journey into equities for beginner. Good luck :)

the_joker likes this.
  3. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

the_joker likes this.
  4. Guru Vachaal

Guru Vachaal Let's discuss the fundamentals..

Dear Joker,

Welcome to the world of share market.

Below are the points that I think important for a starter like you.
    -Invest in knowledge before investing in stocks.
    -Learn the basics by reading books (Fundamental Analysis or Technical Analysis Books). I suggest Fundamental Analysis.
    -Start with Large Caps only (not mid cap or small cap as they are more risky).
    -Don't trade/ invest on Tips or News.
    -Investing is very easy, don't get confused with difficult terminology.
    -Put very less amount in the equity market and have atleast 10 stocks in your portfolio.
    -Don't expect that you can make money on borrowed knowledge.

Watch the TV interviews of big guys like Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Warren Buffet, Ramesh Damani, Porinju Veliyath etc. (Join their FB/ Twitter Page).

You can directly message me on my facebook page if you want my HELP FOR FREE but please note that I am just an common investor and not a SEBI registered stock analyst.

the_joker likes this.
  5. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

welcome to world of investing.

the_joker likes this.
  6. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Thank you very much. But sir I need all the possible advice from experts like you. You will guide me right?

7. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Thank you sir. What you have said are like pearls of wisdom. You are so gracious and large hearted. Who in today's world offers HELP FOR FREE.

8. the_joker

the_joker New Member

Thank you sir for your valuable guidance. I will keep this close to my heart.

What Mutual Funds should I invest in?