latest portfolio

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by bholu, May 16, 2015.

1. bholu

bholu Active Member

Hi everybody

I had said my latest portfolio will surprise everybody and here you go

Sharon Bio Medicine 2.5 - purchased at 16-20 range, a gamble, only positive is the 3 facilities they own
    Indoco Remedies 5.7 - purchased at 280-300 range, potential multibagger
    Om Metals 3.0 - avg price 40 , Porinju's recco, strong balance sheet, good order book and assets
    Anant Raj 1.9 - avg price 40, Porinju's recco, relatively better balance sheet, many assets
    Mahindra Finance 2.5 - valautions cheap, strong promoters,
    Idea 6.4 - avg price 190 - managed to get spectrum for 20 years, high cash flows , future increase in data usage big potential
    Axiscades Eng 3.5 - avg price 290 - at gods will, lets see where this ends
    Greenply 4.3 - interesting business models, promoters seem genuine
    IDFC 3.3 - changing to bank ,
    Can Fin 5.9 - best place HFC vis a vis balance sheet and valuations
    Mphasis 4.1 - good mid tier IT company, high cash reserve
    Gulshan Polyols 3.6 - upcoming company from UP , fundamentals good, promoter seem genuine, possibility of scale up,
    ICICI 4.4 - much cheaper compared to Axis, HDFC now
    Birla Ericsson 4.0 - JV with ericsson,
    Nucleus 5.7 - small tier company, good profitability, potential tie up with Oracle
    Polaris 1.7 - G Chokkalingams recco
    Voltas 4.4 - Tata Company, good combo of capital goods and consumer goods
    Mindtree 4.0 - purchased during crash, the growth the company has shown is remarkable, corporate governance next to infosys
    Prestige 7.8 - the best in reality space, dominant in Bengaluru the fastest growing real estate market of India
    ACC 4.7 - A blue chip cheaper than other companies in the sector, merger with Lafarge , reorganization are positive
    IPCA 3.9 - purchased during crash , lets see if USFDA problems can be resolved
    Ceat 2.4 - tyre companies are going through good times, big capacity addition to occur soon, valuations cheap
    Wipro 2.6 - purchased during crash
    Tech Mahindra 3.3 - purchased during crash
    NIIT Technologies 3.5 - results good, valuations cheap, order book strong
    GMR Infra 0.9 - purchased at cheap price of 15, many assets,
    Gammon Projects 0.9 - purchased at cheap price of of 11, many assets,

Actually, portfolio just for sharing and discussion. Want to thank moderators, and the experts featured here for there kind sharing of ideas. Also I want to test my skills - how good I am as a stock picker , looking to track absolute returns over next one year

2. marach88

marach88 New Member

Delete following stocks:

Sharon Bio(Fiasco happened)
    Gammon/GMR(promotors are not good)

Personal view

3. liban

liban New Member

Sir .... Please reduce the number of scripts. Lokking at the list I guess there is no possible way you can track all these companies.

Just sharing my thoughts.....

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Thanks for your comments, I know that promoters of GMR/Gammon/Sharon are not good at all, otherwise their stocks would not be available at such cheap valuations ...I bought them for their assets, which I hope will bring some returns in the long run...also remaining stocks are of high quality so regular review is not required ..remember stock investing is right company at right price...you can buy a MNC FMCG and lose money if pay high price and you can make money out of a fundamentally poor company if you pay a low price