Laughter is the best medicine....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by darth, Dec 21, 2015.

1. darth

darth Active Member

Did i accidentally press the launch button? My apologies for this. You really dont have to answer the question.

2. bholu

bholu Active Member

No but I am full time stock investor and hence I am surprised what a banker like you does in this forum. Seriously and quite frankly you can save your precious time and mine as well. And really Darth you can do better than following me or responding to my "feeble attempts".
    Not that I care too much but I am getting bored. Also I know the idea behind your comments so really I mean you would gain nothing. Anyways most of what you write is not correct, and then you use adjectives and say I make you laugh. Its getting repetitive because frankly I am here to discuss stock ideas. I really cannot afford to pay much attention to your comments.

3. darth

darth Active Member

Following you.... Stop dreaming.

Getting bored - find a solution.

I know what i write and unlike some here limit myself to writing only when i am sure. Cant help it if its greek and latin to those some in here.

Nobody asks you to pay attention to my comments. Like nobody asked you to butt into my bilateral conversation. Hope ou get the message.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Did you not ask when I stopped working ? And once you write that I should keep posting, now you write not to butt in my bilateral conversation. Anyways I know your objectives and I get your point.
    From now no comments on your posts. Anyways in your esteemed opinion I am ignorant so I guess I should not disappoint the banker with the the most adavanced technical knowledge. Also I am getting bored so I guess there is no point in posting any more.

New_Investor likes this.
  5. darth

darth Active Member

Oh btw just by bantering away repeatedly doesnt make me what you think i am - for all you know iso being a banker, i could be your cocky neighbour. Wont stop you from speculating to your hearts content though.

Sure i asked you when you stopped working. Does it mean following you? Mr Holmes just turned in his grave at this conclusion.

You know what- even in this age of cars and bicycles, its only a person who doesnt work who has no need to worry about his career. Spot on I was on this too.

6. bholu

bholu Active Member

" its only a person who doesnt work who has no need to worry about his career. Spot on I was on this too." You are spot on this time. I agree 100% on this comment even though I had to copy paste this one.

7. darth

darth Active Member

What did the gangster's son
    tell his dad
    when he failed
    his
    school examination?

"Dad
    they questioned
    me
    for 3 hours
    but
    I told them nothing!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

PUNCTUALITY!

A Gujarati Company Owner was asked a question:
    "How do you Motivate your Employees to be so much Punctual"?

He Smiled & Replied:
    "Its simple; I have 30 Employees & 29 Parking spaces and
    One is PAID PARKING!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

A father buys a lie detector robot that slapped people when they lied. He decides to test it out at dinner one night. The father asks his son what he did that afternoon. The son says, "I did some schoolwork." The robot slaps the son. The son says, "Ok, Ok. I was at a friend's house watching movies." Dad asks, "What movie did you watch?" Son says, "Toy Story." The robot slaps the son. Son says, "Ok, Ok, we were watching "dirty stuff"." Dad says,"What? At your age I didn't even know what "dirty stuff" was." The robot slaps the father. Mom laughs and says,"after all, he is your son." The robot slaps the mother. Robot is now for sale.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OUT OF BOX THINKING.!

Few questions asked in HR interview...

The answers are really stunning and inspiring........

Question 1:
    You are driving your car on a wild, stormy night, it's raining heavily, when suddenly you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for a bus:
    * An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

* An old friend who once saved your life.

* The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing very well that there could only be one passenger in your car?

This is a moral/ethical dilemma that was once actually used as part of a job application.

He simply answered:

"I would give the car keys to my Old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations. Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box."

Question 2:

What will you do if I run away with your sister?

The candidate who was selected answered " I will not get a better match for my sister than you sir"

Question 3:

Interviewer (to a student girl candidate) What if one morning you woke up & found that you were pregnant.

Girl I will be very excited and take an off, to celebrate with my husband.

Normally an unmarried girl will be shocked to hear this, but she managed it well. Why I should think it in the wrong way, she said later when asked.
    Question 4:

Interviewer: He ordered a cup of coffee for the candidate. Coffee arrived, kept before the candidate, then he asked what is before you?

Candidate: Instantly replied "Tea"

He got selected.

You know how and why did he say "TEA" when he knows very well that coffee was kept before.

(Answer: The question was "What is before you (U alphabet) Reply was "TEA" ( T alphabet)

Alphabet "T" was before Alphabet "U"

Question5;

Interviewer said "I shall either ask you ten easy questions or one really difficult question.

Think well before you make up your mind!" The boy thought for a while and said, "my choice is one really difficult question."

"Well, good luck to you, you have made your own choice! Now tell me this. "What comes first, Day or Night?"

The boy was jolted into reality as his admission depends on the correctness of his answer, but he thought for a while and said, "It's the DAY sir!"

"How" the interviewer asked,

"Sorry sir, you promised me that you will not ask me a SECOND difficult question!"

Sometimes just thinking out of the box is all it takes!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  8. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

:) Good jokes. Had good laughter. Mood is improved. We must have only jokes and laughing and no fighting stuff :)

New_Investor and kharb like this.
  9. bholu

bholu Active Member

There was no fighting. I presented my views and other people theirs. I do not see it as fight. Darth is entitled to his views and its always useful if somebody with good knowledge shares his views.
    I am probably not going to appear for any job interviews but others who may might find this useful. This post however reminds me of my interaction with my dear friend who incidentally was my ex-boss as well. I wonder what he thought when he gave me the job ? It would be nice to talk and find about his views.

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  10. Srouta Mukherjee

100% Agreed. Thoughts become sharp when discussion is there with contra view point. Also members are having knowledge and strong views on subject and so some sharp discussion is normal.

11. darth

darth Active Member

If only all wishes were granted!!!!! Unfortunately thats never the case and thats for good reason. Imagine empty prisons for one!!!

Good you had a hearty laugh. That is the objective of this thread. Just felt it needs to be restored.

12. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

The moment we start listening ( not hearing) contrary views and start accepting(even if we don't agree some time) that those are views/different opinion and need to be respected even without agreeing,we make every body life easy.

13. bholu

bholu Active Member

Yes but that does not mean somebody can force their opinion on anybody. You should have read the response to my views on the Ricoh case. Makes me wonder that whether sharing a honest opinion and presenting an accurate analysis is a good idea. Anyways I have prepared myself for acrimonious stay in this forum. I can not help it.

New_Investor likes this.
  14. darth

darth Active Member

Can somebody post some jokes to retain the objective of this thread.

whining and wailing just keeps polluting it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  15. bholu

bholu Active Member

When you made your points about people having having no careers and cocky neighbors and Holmes twisting in his grave did any body protest. No. Let people make their points and share their opinion. Are you are having problems with anybody touching the keyboard as well ?

New_Investor likes this.
  16. darth

darth Active Member

Yes I do have a problem - if MY THREAD's objective repeatedly stands diluted.

Start another thread and Do whatever you want and as much as you want in there. Caption it appropriately too... But NOT IN HERE specially after i restored the objective this afternoon.

Ofcourse you are welcome to post jokes.... If you manage to get time from your fact based and honest postings

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  17. bholu

bholu Active Member

You restored the objective of this thread by responding to my reply to Kharb's point ? You chose to respond to my reply to Kharb. I was just making a point about opinions. Maybe you should introspect.
    And yes if you claim ownership of this thread then I will not post any further. But just a reminder that I am far more gracious in accepting criticism. I do not complain when there are sharp responses to my thread. I always try to address those responses or accept my errors. And I do not jump to conclusions about anybody's objectives.

New_Investor likes this.
  18. Srouta Mukherjee

19. Srouta Mukherjee

20. Srouta Mukherjee