Lupin Exit or Hold

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by RAKSRAJU, Mar 19, 2016.

1. yembee

yembee Active Member

The fund houses give a Buy/Sell/Hold rating and give a Target Price and tweek them every quarters based on the Quarterly results... There is nothing called I am bullish for 10 years...etc...

Every Quarters we have to fine tune our holdings ... If the story continues we would never have to sell a company...

2. bholu

bholu Active Member

It was genuine appreciation and for the record I am not sarcastic. If mistakenly I end up sounding sarcastic I still write what is correct. I do not have the expertise in TA but I must clarify that I went by the recommendation of analyst who said Lupin looks strong on charts before buying and writing about it. However my own logic of buying the stock was fundamental and also to diversify my holdings.
    Yet I chose to ignore valuations which in hindsight proved to a bad decision. Of course this was before all the news of FDA action broke out. However I feel there are companies which are good buys and which can be held for many years. Yes 10 years is lot but certainly a five year frame is reasonable.
    The volatility in such stocks is low. Lupin's case is event driven. As I said a section of market was probably aware of the outcome so you really can not say its all technical and related to valuations. For e.g., ITC fell sharply on budget day and has recovered even though excise duties were raised on cigarettes.

yembee likes this.
  3. yembee

yembee Active Member

Thank you very much Bholuji...

Few notes :
    1. I am not privy to any insider information. I am an ordinary man , that too in a far away desert land earning my roti and dhal ( bread and butter is colonial ... )

2. The Fall from Last April 2015 is not event driven it is driven by earnings disappointment

3. The recent sharp fall is event driven agreed which no one could have anticipated .

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Come to Bengal. I will serve you Dal, Bhaat Bindi Fry Aloo Bhaja and Sandesh (but only two pieces) :D

5. yembee

yembee Active Member

Thank you very much Bholuji ... It is a great honour ...

6. yembee

yembee Active Member

Lupin looks good again ...
    Improving fundamentals...
    Reasonable Valuations....
    Is it a Technically opportune time ... may be so
    @bholu

capture23.jpg

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  7. nilesh67

nilesh67 New Member

Hello yembee -
    Can you suggest which tool you are using for the above screenshot you posted for Lupin summary.. Yeah i think the bad times are gone for Lupin and with resolution of goa plant it is probably safe to invest in this stock. But it say's fair value is around 1900.. then probably it will be besy buy at current price.

yembee likes this.
  8. yembee

yembee Active Member

Hi Nilesh

It is my own and data from Screener. I have an access stencil connected to excel data... which can perform these sort of calculations....

9. krish123

krish123 Member

hold this stock for long term us fda is temporary issue