Most gains washed away in this dreadful market correction...

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by darth, Dec 9, 2015.

1. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

Dear Darth,Happy to note that you have portfolio ,which is not giving pain.Congratulation for being wise invester,who is not feeling any pain when NIFTy and sensex are face to face with almost 52 weak low and many mutual fund managers are feeling nervous. So how you concluded it is dreadful correction..So then ,whose gains are washed away? , If any body has third grade portfolio, he deserve all this pain as learning fee to stay away from such stocks in future.Market has its own way to teach ,any body who learns stays and who don't is washed away even for ever.More ever apple denotes fundamental and season for buying is when cheap in correction.Potatoes are like 2800 stocks out of about 3000 stocks being traded, there are hardly 200 stocks worth investing in India falls in apple Catagry .

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

This is good warning for everyone. ALWAYS ONLY INVEST In QUALITY STOCKS.

3. darth

darth Active Member

I feel pained by your partiallity towards apples. Why dont mangoes, oranges and many other tastier fruits denote fundamentals?

Now back to some serious talk :

First to fill in the blanks which exist with you:

'most gains washed away in this dreadful market correction' was a post by goodstocks ( whose recommendations definitely warrant a look) in a thread 'views'. Now honestly i dont really care about losses of others. Each pays the price for his/her degree of greed. My only interest was to figure out if any of the enlightened members had seen this correction coming and so the initiation of this seperate thread. And maybe apart from a couple nobody saw it.

Next your question about how i conclude if its a dreadful correction already stands answered by youself : nifty and sexsex at almost 52 week low and many mutual fund managers are feeling nervous. I dont dispute the validity of both these

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  4. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

My partially towards apple over other fruits may be traced to the person who first time said An Apple a day keeps Dr. away ,which might definitly irk my friends with large Pharma portfolio.Inspite of market at nearly 52 weak low, it is still slightly over priced to long term average of Sensex or NIFTY.So market has gone down,but it is not cheap but heading towards fairly priced ,which is long term average.In my view NIFTY will be fairly priced at 7000 and any drift below that can be called real correction for value buying .Till then it is volitialty ,presently being on lower side of band.

5. Parin Gala

Parin Gala A long term investor

Now that's good sense of humour. :)

6. darth

darth Active Member

I was hoping you would mention the preference stems from the iconic steve job or its iconic role in the discovery of gravity.