Off-Topic Forum For discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Srouta Mukherjee, Nov 28, 2015.

?

Should We Have Off-Topic Discussion Forum

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

I want to suggest that we have place for discussion about issues not related to stocks directly but affecting all of us. For example the conflict of Russia and Turkey, the Paris attack by terrorist, liqour ban, corruption in society, etc. I think all these issues affect us everyday and we must discuss it.

Please vote in favour so that it can be implemented soon. :)

2. Srouta Mukherjee

BArbarians at Walmart on Black Friday

3. Srouta Mukherjee

Revised Format of Financial Results - SEBI

Format for financial results for listed entities which have listed their debt securities and/or non-cumulative redeemable preference shares

The SEBI has prescribed format for financial results and limited review report for listed entities which have listed their debt securities and/or non-cumulative redeemable preference shares. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of Listed Entity and also to disseminate the same on its website. This circular will come into force on 1 December 2015.

Attached Files:

4. Srouta Mukherjee

Venkaiah Naidu Powerfull Speech on "Hindu"

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Quietude is a very positive state; there is a positive peace which is not the opposite of conflict — an active peace, contagious, powerful, which controls and calms, which puts everything in order, organises. True quietude is a very great force, a very great strength. In fact one can say, looking at the problem from the other side, that all those who are really strong, powerful, are always very calm. It is only the weak who are agitated; as soon as one becomes truly strong, one is peaceful, calm, quiet, and one has the power of endurance to face the adverse waves which come rushing from outside in the hope of disturbing one. This true quietude is always a sign of force. Calmness belongs to the strong.

I have seen people, many people, who could not sit still for half an hour without fidgeting. They had to move a foot or a leg, or an arm or their head; they had to stir restlessly all the time, for they did not have the power or the strength to remain quiet. This capacity to remain still when one wants to, to gather all one's energies and spend them as one wishes, completely if one wants, or to apportion them as one wants in action, with a perfect calm even in action — that is always the sign of strength. It may be physical strength or vital strength or mental strength. But if you are in the least agitated, you may be sure there is a weakness somewhere; and if your restlessness is integral, it is an integral weakness.

The Mother, 17 October 1956
    (Aurobindo)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    Karthikeyan likes this.
  6. Srouta Mukherjee

How Do You Stop the Mind's Chatter?

nitinchoudhary and Karthikeyan like this.
  7. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Good one Sroutaji. Please keep posting such stuff. Thanks.

w4wealth likes this.
  8. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

that's me, i can't keep quiet or be calm, also i've OCD
    even Doctors have said "you need meditation more than medication"

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  9. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

You are not alone. I had anxiety and insomnia 22 years back. I was 24 years old then. Fortunately I turned towards Yoga and Meditation and could come out of it soon.

10. BombayBoy

Karthik,
    I've been terrible for almost a year now. Insomnia (i live like an American in India), had a health scare and i got paranoid - welcome depression/anxiety. The meds that my doc put me on for all these never helped - sleeping pills and I was wide awake when birds begin to chirp. The only thing that helped was the OCD meds which helped me overcome the gaming (i play a lot of fifa on PS3) but it killed all my desires, appetite, libido among other side effects. I was at my in-laws at Nashik for a month and was in the best health in a year. No insomnia, my test results were the best in a year. Back to Mumbai and I'm again in the same terrible situation. I do hope to overcome this. Thanks for the encouraging message. I'm 29 now. And am up late nights playing fifa or browsing the net.

11. BombayBoy

anybody football here?

I'm a Liverpool supporter

Love watching Leicester at the top
    Jamie Vardy & Riyad Mahrez are a joy to watch

Mourinho sacked & Chelsea a point above relegation!

exciting season

12. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

I am a real fan.

13. darth

darth Active Member

Watch football but not crazy. Can't say this about F1 though - which i love

14. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Did you try Yoga and Meditation? If you hadn't, please give a try.

I am sure, your razor sharp mind can't tolerate Guru worship and other similar stuff, one comes across, while attending yoga classes. Nothing wrong with it. Just learn, what they teach, without attaching too much importance to what you may not like. Continue practising them, if you find it useful or dump them, if you feel otherwise.

You can read Echort Tolle's "Power of Now".

In my case, the real turn around happened when I came to know that I can't decide my emotions and what I think abt and how long/how intensely I think abt. It is all because of one's strong natural tendency. The solution is in not getting carried away by these strong tendencies or resisting them.

Once we learn how to deal with these natural tendencies, they vanish in thin air. It is easier said than done, but not impossible.

You are young and intelligent and I am sure you can find the way

Wish you the very best

w4wealth and BombayBoy like this.
  15. BombayBoy

Thank you @Karthikeyan for sharing your experience.

You are absolutely right in the assessment that I don't subscribe to the Gurus. I just can't get myself to practice any kind of meditation. Doctors have told me that meditation will help me more than medication.

Emotionally, I feel like terrible at times and then it is like "don't care" attitude. Just my state of mind and being, I guess. I ponder a lot over things too. Started reading some self books after hitting rock-bottom in Aug/Sep 2015. It did help me considerably. For the first time in a year, I was in like the best health. I'm looking at the book recommended by you.

I think the only reason I came back to markets was to divert my mind and do something which I love. I'm learning to deal with the realities of life. Sure, it is not easy but not impossible either.

I'd like to thank you for the supportive & encouraging words.

Best Regards!

16. BombayBoy

TV 18 has some investment program with famous gurus at BSE on 23 Dec, 2015.

I'm going. Anybody from Mumbai who's going?

17. darth

darth Active Member

What time is it? By invitation?

I may be already be in the midst of my vacation.

18. BombayBoy

nah it is by registration and they said it'll also be with registrations at the venue
    they said 6 pm, so expect it to start by 6:15 - 6:30 pm

call on 7045500891 for registration

19. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

all the best.