1. vicram_pandit

vicram_pandit New Member

Hello Friends,

I have Orient Green (1000) since year 2011 purchased at Rs 28 now it is around Rs 8.
    Reliance Power(300) since year 2008 purchased at Rs 277 , current price around Rs 45.

I can still keep it for long term if even i can get my original investment back out of it. Please advise.
    Also let me know can i take such advise from this Forum or please apologies if i post this in wrong forum.

2. 7cr

7cr New Member

I don't either of the companies. But I assume you had reasons to invest in them. Hold them, there is no point in realising such losses. Unless there has been some huge fundamental changes that you are uncomfortable with. Alternatively you can exit now and invest in some other high conviction companies and make your investment back.

3. Ravikumar

Ravikumar Active Member

I am not sure about Orient Green. There is every chance that Reliance Power can gain something in the coming days. But it is really difficult for Reliance power to move from 45 to 300 where you bought. It is doing reasonably well now. ADAG stocks like Reliance Cap and Reliance Comm are in concentration for now. I think after that his eyes will definitely fall on Reliance Power where there is no recent developments or announcements. You may need to wait a little or else it will be huge losses. Wait for some for time and closely follow the developments in the company. There is no need to panic in Reliance Power for now.

4. 7cr

7cr New Member

I agree. You can sell orient green and buy a strong company like ATFL or Exide and you should see some big gains from them over next 3-4 years. Hold Reliance. In an likelihood the group will not let one of their listed entities die. Worst case they will merge to give shareholders atlas something.

5. vicram_pandit

vicram_pandit New Member

Thank you 7CR & Ravi. I owned 100 share Reliance power IPO @ Rs 430 in year 2008. Then i made a good profit & again made entry at 277 back. :) & since then this stock did not let me to exit. I appreciate both of you for precious advice.