1. darth

darth Active Member

Trying to make a career at replying on behalf of others is it?

Won't debate this masterpiece.

“Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as by ignorance, particularly our ignorance about ourselves.”

Carl Sagan

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  2. bholu

bholu Active Member

Nah...not trying to make a career but trying to take a stand (without the bicycle of course). And for debates, well somebody said stock markets are final arbiter ( Ricoh's price has halved and stock has moved to TtoT group) so really I do not see any reason to debate.It does not benefit me or anybody
    Also I have repeatedly said that I do not wish to prove anybody right or wrong.Instead I share my ideas with the hope that they will help somebody be more informed, even if it may not help them make money (though I earnestly wish it does).

New_Investor likes this.
  3. darth

darth Active Member

Oh ... then Crutches are your best bet. Cars are good for a ride... Taking others for one ( ride) too

To Debate or no... was to be about the content - and masterpieces ( either ways ) I dont debate.

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

Thanks for your advice. You seem to have a opinion for everybody . I rightly concluded that only you are right (like the management of Ricoh). You do know everything. Then why the best firms for auditing ? i really wonder.
    As for the car and rides well who knows whats in store in the future. But right now its the management of Ricoh who is taking investors and shareholders for a ride (literally).

New_Investor likes this.
  5. darth

darth Active Member

Your opinion about me is as worthless to me as the Zimbabwe currency is to currency markets. But Hopefully drawing conclusions about me helps you fill up your idle hours.

6. bholu

bholu Active Member

Well I try and contribute to this forum. If this is "idle" to you so you can think, but I wonder how someone like you with all the technical knowledge, knowledge of legislation, audit etc etc is wasting his precious time here trying to prove me wrong.
    And unfortunately doing a poor job at it. Even with all the knowledge you have utterly failed to defend the Ricoh management. You know sometimes simple knowledge and common sense is enough. You just need the right thought.

7. darth

darth Active Member

Me defending Ricoh management. Pure delusion. But you are welcome to it. I am not qualified to prescribe a cure. Not suprised you dont see it. Just like you dont see that its not about you always!!!

Prove you wrong... It needs no proof. Your posts do a good job. And i waste my time for afterall your followers are retail investors who unfortunately need a periodic reality check.

The self preoccuption, admiration of self has a word in the English language : Narcissism.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  8. bholu

bholu Active Member

Thank god you do not have a prescription for me. That would have been too much knowledge you know. Banking, audit, legal and medical not to mention your command over the English language. No wonder with all this knowledge everybody else seems ignorant to you.

9. darth

darth Active Member

not everybody but certainly some few in here. And the best part is their posts reflect it. So kindof on a platter for me

10. bholu

bholu Active Member

About your defense of Ricoh India.

"Can you help me to believe that a Company (Ricoh) could have got not one but two of top four accounting/auditing firms and one of top Indian Legal firm to participate in this con job/trick. "

"There is a counter view i read some place of all this being some kind of a management trick .... Though its obvious that this view is untenable"

Also regarding your views, they are pretty useless to me. I do not know about others.

11. darth

darth Active Member

Its good that they remain useless to you. Infact everytime i post i wish that remain so. For if you learn I would stand to loose my periodic quota of laughter.

Now coming to your post having selective copy pastes.......

First... From next time for your own sake I hope you dont indulge in any such selective pastes. What did DARTH say.....

So Mister :
    whats my take on Ricoh India? I take this as just another Private sector scandal perpetuated by the top management. A SCANDAL and by who - its TOP MANAGEMENT.
    Whats not a tenable view ? all this being some kind of a management trick. And who are the two who propagate that its somekind of a management trick? One is @New_Investor and guess who is the other - somebody known in here as @bholu

What do i say here - help me to believe that a company can get International Accounting firms and a top legal firm to partcipate in a management trick - do you understand what ' help me to believe' means???? Surely not. It means i dont believe something so help me to believe. And not believe what Mister??? That a company can get International Accounting firms and a top legal firm to partcipate in a management trick -

whats the management trick - oh well actually the financials are all sound but hey guys lets go through an AUDIT FIASCO and come up to state that they arent true and fair. In effect help us to get the stock delisted by misrepresenting.

LIKE I SAID ' some offer their ignorance on a platter to me.

Anyways it should now be clear to all - who propagated that all this is nothing but a management trick and who said this view is not teneable and that Ricoh India is another private sector scandal perpetuated by its local top management.

12. bholu

bholu Active Member

If you take this as another scandal by the private sector why are you so desperate to keep on commenting. As for ignorance if presenting facts is ignorance then you need to find a new word in the dictionary.
    And for my own sake ? Well then for my own sake and for the retail investors I would continue to write what I feel is accurate.
    And there is no selective copy paste. I posted what you wrote. If reading that and its counter view gives you your periodic quota of laughter then enjoy it

13. darth

darth Active Member

Why i kept commenting.... Laughter is the best medicine and i needed it after another Mumbai Indians loss. And just because its another scandal doesnt mean I take this lightly and laugh at it.... Like you did just beacuse you had not invested in it.

Presenting facts huh??

Fact (n) : a thing proved to be true. ( isnt this the second reminder ?)

And time to blow apart the notion of posting facts in this thread too.......

On Ricoh India under the articles section a @bholu had this to say ' I feel this ( the audit fiasco) is some trick by the management BUT I HAVE NO EVIDENCE". Indeed now a fact, for its the @bholu feeling that this is what is accurate.

Thats why i said its your posts especially when they are your feeble attempts at countering/reacting to mine that are a source of laughter.

And please please dont stop posting.... Boredom is injurious to my health.

Finally i dont need to find a new word in the dictionary. You need to initiate steps to get the official dictionary changed... The word 'fact' to now read

fact (n) : a notion / something that a @bholu feels to be accurate.

14. bholu

bholu Active Member

Yes that was me. I can not see what is funny but if you find it to be funny then its fine. I made my point and somebody laughed. Some impact, maybe little but definitely some.
    And if something can not be proved, it DOES NOT MEAN it is not TRUE. If my attempts are feeble why do you have to retort all of them.

15. darth

darth Active Member

Oh i agree what you said about the trick is not only true but a fact too. afterall its what @bholu feels. Thats why i said you should get the dictionary changed. No room for discussion/debate then. With one masterstroke you kill and bury all my attempts to prove you wrong ( haha). do let us all know when the dictionary stands changed.

16. bholu

bholu Active Member

Yes I go by my conviction. And your agreement disagreement hardly matters to be frank.

17. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

I agree that there is no guarantee for japanese MNC to be ethical but I was biased due to my own experience working with the japanese and this article:

https://worldsmostethicalcompanies.ethisphere.com/honorees/
    which lists Ricoh as one of the ethical ones.

Generally, I expected MNCs to follow quite rigorous corp governance and ethics because otherwise it will affect their brand worldwide, which is quite expensive to redeem.

Quite possibly this scandal has been perpetuated by top honchos of Ricoh India and they probably kept the Japanese in the dark about the whole thing (just like they did to the retail investors). Ricoh has already admitted so there isnt much of a case left for contention.

Regarding the conviction of TCS in the $900mn fine. If you'd ask me, then its a shocker coming from Tata group company. Im surprised as to how the market didnt punish the stock this much. Either there is merit in the case of TCS or people are just keeping the faith. Either way, I am staying out of it.

One thing is for sure, you cant trust any company these days :). After all, these companies are not run by robots but humans which are prone to succumb to greed.

darth likes this.
  18. bholu

bholu Active Member

The fine on TCS is still under deliberation. If I am not mistaken then judge has observed that damages sought are way too high. TCS has responded strongly and will pursue all legal options. Hence the market has not punished TCS.

As far as the Ricoh case I am sure you are reading mine and Darths conversation.

Frankly my views on the management are not much use here because the damage to shareholders is done. BTW in the Cadbury case investors took the company to court and fought tooth and nail. Shall we see a repeat? Well. Time will tell.

https://www.livemint.com/Companies/...bury-to-pay-Rs201450-per-share-for-buyba.html

19. darth

darth Active Member

TCS not tanking perplexed me too. But after the Ricoh experience ( unlike the lucky you if you recollect i mentioned to you that i bought some) I sold my entire TCS.

It would have been good to have you on a personal thread a few of us ran in here on Ricoh. In hindsight I breached a few checkpoints I have around MNC's. Like i said in that thread - MNC with a small local audit firm ( not changed for 15 years) and a CA CEO can be a dangerous cocktail. Have virtually written off my initial investment but wont hesitate if Ricoh offers a Satyam like opportunity.

dineshkapoor27 likes this.
  20. dineshkapoor27

dineshkapoor27 Active Member

Yeah mate, I remember you having some Ricoh and you mentioning it. Tough luck on that one. I would have done the same on TCS. Maybe you dodged a bullet there, which we may find out in the future. But you have done well on other stocks (I remember RS Software), so you'll make up for it. Good luck for the future!