Sell order did not execute?

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Sonia, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Sonia

Sonia Member

@RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

Hi,

Today I had placed a sell order for stock of 50 shares which I hold, I placed limit order with price Rs.106 and the stock was trading with the same price since 2hours, but still my order did not get filled, after that I placed with 105.90, but still bad luck.

Do you know what could be the reason, other sell orders I placed were for all got executed. Attached file from my trading account.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Who is broker? What is software? The wtd Avg price as per BSE was 104.97. Your sell price was way higher. Sometimes, broker software shows price different from real time price.

3. Sonia

Sonia Member

The stock price was trading at 106 & 105.90 on BSE when I placed order twice. I agree real time varies, but I kept the order for the "day" altmost two hours.

4. Sonia

Sonia Member

Maybe the bid price was lower than the offer price of 105.90?

When the stock is showing 105.90 on the trading system and I put the same amount 105.90, dont you think the order should be filled? and the price was there also for 30minutes no changes happening on the price.

5. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Price fluctuation is very normal in low volume stock. Only 1203 shares of value Rs. 1.26 lakh was traded today. The last trade may be for 105.90 but after that there are no dealers available. So even if price is shown there is nobody to buy. Happens often in low liquid stocks.

6. Sachin pathak

Sachin pathak Active Member

Just as you placed a sale order (offer) at 105.90 (which must have been the last traded price), there would be people wanting to buy at some price (bid). Now inspite of the last trade price, incremental buy and sale transactions will go through if bids match offer. If bids are lower than offer price, trade will not go through.

So if at a point in time the total number of shares offered (say by 5 people) is 1500 @ 100/- (example) and there are two buyers who have bid for 12000 shares but at 98/-, none of the 5 people shares will get sold unless they reuce their offer to 98/-.

Its similar to how you do your roadside shopping at say colaba causeway and end up bargaining. Sometimes the deal goes though ( when buyer or seller agrees to the others offer) and sometimes the deal doesnt go through ;)

Srouta Mukherjee likes this.
  7. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA Well-Known Member

@Sonia
    There is a chance of gap between " bid and ask price" Rs. 106 may be last traded price if you place 105.90
    buyer may be much lower than that price it will not match ....
    1.Price Priority
    2.Time Priority

we should also check
    pending orders total exposure , some times brokers exposure limit may be reached , at that time orders may reject
    some times time priority is also cause ...if anybody place same price before you place order at same price Exchange system match time priority

in my view "bid and ask price variation may cause this problem "

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Sonia and Srouta Mukherjee like this.
  8. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Sonia

DHP .....IN BSE TICK SIZE CHANGE IS PAISE 10
    IF YOU PLACE 5 PAISE IT WILL REJECT ORDER
    MY ORDER TAKEN AT PRESENT PLEASE SEE THATIN MARKET PICTURE OR DEBPTH
    5 SHARES @ Rs.102.20

Sonia likes this.
  9. Sonia

Sonia Member

Not sure it today morning the trading price of this stock was not showing up in my trading terminal, thought someone complained about what I wrote. Then traded with I limit order @ 104, without price being showed on my terminal. didnt work out. finally market order got excuted at 103.7

10. Sonia

Sonia Member

How do you determine the ticket size? are you saying that if I am placing order, it should be like 102.10 or 103.20, but not 102 only right?

11. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

this is not relating any other problems like you said complaints ...in my view yesterday you add dhp scrip in your screen and before closing you forget to save the screen , so that today morning it is not visible in your screen

12. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

tick size means minimum change in price variation
    yes you are correct 100 , 100.10 , 100.20 , 100.30 like that

13. Sonia

Sonia Member

The script was visible but besides the name there was no price, i removed it and try adding the scrip twice but still it was all 0, no price showing up. My other scrips were showing prices. anyways. thanks for clarifying on ticket size.

14. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Sonia
    November 2015 Nifty and other stocks contract size increased and margins also increased
    and also November 8th Bihar elections results also announced ...so please dont rush to invest immediately
    in my view small investors be careful in November month

15. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

@Sonia
    please watch your DHPIND in BSE equity or not once again check

in my terminal no problem

16. Sonia

Sonia Member

I actually sold this scrip after holding for months, due to Free cash flow what I learnt on one website. I am done Had only 50 shares. After trading it the scrip is showing on my terminal, lols.

17. RAMA MURTHY SASTRY CHALLA

delete that stock in screen and again insert in screen from BSE eq segment " DHPIND "only
    and save that in your screen , it will work