Shortfall of stocks

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Karthikeyan, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

Today, I was shocked to see some stocks, missing in my Account. On checking, I could see that stocks bought on 5/11/2015 were not updated in the Account. I am having account with Zerodha.

Request others having account with Zerodha to check their accounts. I have sent a message to Zerodha regarding this.

2. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Normally message is received (in Kotak) that stock is not received from exchange and will be credited after auction. You did not get such message?

3. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

In case of short delivery, we receive messages from Zerodha, a few days after the trading date. Today's problem does not seem to be caused by short delivery.

Zerodha has replied just a while ago that the shares, bought on 5/11/15 were credited in my account on 9/11/15. But the fact is that I could not see them in the holdings list in the trading platform today and hence could not sell. I am following up with Zerodha support staff.

4. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

I have had similar problems with my IIFL account. Holdings in DP but not shown in my trading account or not available to trade. That is mostly due to some tech glitch. Technically they still have a long way to go. I always make a point to check the contract notes.

PS : Srouta/Karthikeyan do you both trade with Zerodha? I've applied for an account opening with RKSV. How's Zerodha's trading platfroms?

5. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

I am using Zerodha Nest. No major issues. Service is good. Zerodha may not be having offices in most of the cities, but their support staff make up for it with their prompt services.
    Heard that Zerodha Pi platform is very good, but you must have a high speed stable net connection. I am not using it, as I don't have broadband landline connection. As you know, Zerodha's charges are also very less.