Stock picking is name of the game; ongoing correction in midcaps healthy: Porinju Veliyath

Discussion in 'Must-Read Interviews, Articles & News Items' started by Srouta Mukherjee, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

In an interview with ET Now, Porinju Veliyath, Equity Intelligence India, talks about the ongoing correction in mid and smallcap stocks. The experts also talks about how investors should position themselves at this juncture.

I have to tell you my portfolio management was down by 4 per cent on Thursday not because I am holding stocks which are of no value, but generally a depression has come in midcap and smallcap pockets. It happens if there is a big selloff or leveraged positions are being sold off by financiers.

So that kind of a thing can happen in the market and it rectifies. In that context, I feel the ongoing correction in mid and smallcaps is healthy in nature. Never compromise on valuations. That is the key for investing in the market. The correction in the frontline stocks that has been happening for the last one year too is healthy correction, in tune with the fundamentals of those companies.

Read more at:
    https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/50121408.cms

w4wealth likes this.