stock queery

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by balram, Jun 19, 2015.

1. balram

balram New Member

I hold pnb 1100@185/ I know about this stock can hold for long term?

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

How long are you waiting to hold?

3. balram

balram New Member

5years time horigen

4. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Well PNB is one of the better qualliy PSU banks. Looking at your buying price you are taking a loss of around Rs 50 per share. It is good to know that you have a fairly long horizon and I would advice you against selling your shares. The share price might remain subdued till the issue of NPA's might get resolved. Honestly how much time it takes I am not sure of that. You can also look at buying some more if you have capital and if the stock prices fall further. NPA's are a major problem but the market at the moment has factored that into it's price. It is hating all PSU banks and thus providing an attractive valuation for individual shareholders to purchase these at a very cheap price. If I was you I might buy more or certainly hold onto my stock but not sell them at least at this moment of time when the stock is ridiculously undervalued and cheap. You can wait for at least a year and then review your position accordingly.

Anil likes this.
  5. balram

balram New Member

Sir, mcx hold for pass on to next generation type stock? I am hold 760 share,

6. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Well you do realise that I am not an astrologer. Anything can happen to a company over such a long period of time.It can grow exponentially as well as it can come down to pennies. You have to regularly look at your portfolio and the stocksthat you hold in it at least once in 6 months or 1 year and take a call accordingly. It is foolish to think of 5,10 or 15 years ahead for any company specially at this age when rapid inventions and technological progress are making new industries while the older industries are being obsolete and unviable. Just take a call on the company for next 1 or 2 years and after that time passes by you can reassess the company .

7. Srouta Mukherjee

Srouta Mukherjee Well-Known Member

Good answer. MCX is good stock but whether it is for next generation cannot be said now because there can be competitors like BSE and NSE into commodity exchange.

8. balram

balram New Member

Thanks sir,

9. balram

balram New Member

Sir, I know about arshiya int. I want hold this script 5-7 years,

10. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

why do you want to hold arshiya ltd for 5-7 years ? whats your rationale behind investing in this company ?

11. balram

balram New Member

Sir, arshiya is favorite stock of sameer arora. sameer bullish that share.

12. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

But I asked you what do you know about the company and what is your rationale behind investing in the same.

13. stockWisdom

stockWisdom Member

@stockguru You wrote this regarding PNB. Kindly disclose your holding(s) in PSU bank(s) with their purchase price and long term view on those banks. I am willing to buy PSU banks at such low valuation. Regards.

14. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@stockWisdom Let me be very clear. I am here to share my views. I do not make any recommendations neither I am authorized to do so. This platform is to share and develop our ideas with others and I do the same. I do not and would not endorse any stock even the one's I have a personal holding in. My holdings are my own and they are not here for discussion. If you share a different point of view then you are free to ignore my view.

15. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Regarding the quote that you picked, if you look at his response, the member is willing to hold for 5 years. To sell one of the top three or maybe top five psu banks at such a low valuation and that too at a loss doesn't seem to be right when the investment horizon is soo long. .