Trilogic Digital Media

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Jeevan, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Jeevan

Jeevan New Member

Dear Moderators and Patrons

Recently I had cam across Trilogic Degital medi Ltd which as ROE for last three years >25 and Debt equity ratio<0.5. Company is paying dividend from last year. Pleas share your views about this scripts as it looks good bargain except for low promoter stake(30%) and with contingent liabilities of 20 crores. I am also not clear how the debt equity ration is low inspite of having liabilities.I have attached the link https://www.screener.in/company/?q=531712

REgards

2. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

Apart from the numbers do you know anything else about the company ?

Jeevan likes this.
  3. Jeevan

Jeevan New Member

Hi .. They are into broadcast management, TV production , IPR management , motion pictures , brand licencing, digital ad network . I am checking the credentials of management and update you soon . If you can give you r opinion on prospects of the company in the above field regard to growth potential and how competitive and profitable ?

4. Meenakshi Razdan

Meenakshi Razdan Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Its a very tiny company, with a market cap of only Rs. 27 crore. It is stated to be an "aggregator of Music & Movies across genres & Platforms" and offers "Broadcast Management Services that includes end to end outsourced solutions including Programming, Marketing, Distribution and Ad Sales".

Investing in such undiscovered ultra micro-caps may appear to be "exciting" but it is also fraught with great risk. We have no clear idea of the management quality and how they are running their business. There may be several unlisted group concerns with inter se transactions. Whether the books of account are reliable is also a big area of concern. There is no proved track record of performance.

These stocks can also be easily manipulated by operators owing to their low floating stock.

Personally, I think retail investors should steer of such unknown micro-caps. Only seasoned investors with some personal knowledge of what the management is doing and the business prospects should venture into them. Ordinary investors should confine themselves to well-known and well-analyzed mid-cap and large-cap stocks.

stockguru and Jeevan like this.
  5. Jeevan

Jeevan New Member

Thank you Meenakshi........

6. stockguru

stockguru Active Member

@Meenakshi Razdan You could actually post this as a sticky message as it is common to most of the small and micro-cap companies if not all.