1. BombayBoy

BombayBoy Well-Known Member

many a times, reading through the forum, I'm like अरे भाई कहना क्या चाहते हो

[​IMG]

K.Mahesh likes this.
  2. BombayBoy

3. BombayBoy

bought Noida Toll Bridge, Jocil, GE Shipping, Andhra Sugars

[​IMG]

4. bholu

bholu Active Member

I like this visual BB ..are you suggesting the micro-caps will run

5. darth

darth Active Member

Hey you still alive .... Thought you died of boredom in here especially after the withdrawal of tax on EPF :)

K.Mahesh likes this.
  6. BombayBoy

nah @bholu just shared cos it looked good and doesn't cost a lot of data
    [​IMG] btw bought those for dividends, looking at some others too

@darth was busy with hospital visits, got free today
    but yeah, boring market and well no comments about the forum, it's free, can't complain
    [​IMG]

kharb and bholu like this.
  7. darth

darth Active Member

Trust allz well at your end... And yup remaining diplomatic is indeed your fundamental right ;)

8. bholu

bholu Active Member

I hope all is well BB, nice to see you back and in good form

9. BombayBoy

thanks @darth & @bholu - am doing good, it was for my brother's hospitalisation and he's recovering well now

@darth not really diplomatic, you know it, i feel terribly sorry for people who need validation from others to invest/trade their money with questions "sir, can/should i buy" i mean what's stopping them from doing whatever they'd like with their money?

then there's the type that's trying hard to fish for customers and asking people how much money they made in a particular trade, all this while "selling" unsolicited advices and preaching the generic "value investing, long term wealth creation"

there's fanboys who can't stand the fact that their revered guru is proved wrong and somebody in the markets is making money

don't know if a company exists or the leading bank in India announced quarterly results, yet, will advise people on their portfolios or where to put their monies

“In the long run we are all dead”. - John Maynard Keynes

GVSB Reddy and K.Mahesh like this.
  10. bholu

bholu Active Member

Bombay Boy Ji,
    There is nothing wrong in sharing your advice or asking questions. This is a forum where people share their ideas and queries but I agree that they should face criticism when they are off target. The conflict, criticism, debate is important for the "right" ideas to emerge

You have quoted a economist John Keynes with the emphasis that "long term" is futile concept in stock markets. Maybe it is but I do not think that the distinction of short term or long term is of no value. As the Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel or Karl Marx would explain

The thesis and the anti-thesis create the synthesis.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  11. darth

darth Active Member

Hey you missed atleast two more categories that of (i) repetitive posts... (ii) business valuers ( gosh so much talent in here and the Corp Finance guys at banks must be shitting bricks)

12. darth

darth Active Member

Bholuji

Knowing BB i would be suprised if his intent behind quoting Keynes is what you thought. But happy to be proved wrong.

13. bholu

bholu Active Member

Darth Ji,
    So you know Bombay Boy personally ? don't you ? I had this funny feeling that you guys know each other.

14. darth

darth Active Member

Looks more the other way around for your post indicates that you know him better since you seem to know the exact context in which keynes was quoted

15. BombayBoy

lol @bholu nothing personal, we know each other through the forum and i know a few others too
    have asked @darth to hire me, but no luck yet :p

i'm not saying that don't invest for the long term, all i'm saying is it's a different World and India from the 20th century and if i am getting 10-20-30-40% returns in a short time (weeks, months) that's not bad, isn't it?
    everybody is busy comparing with Buffett and "insert other guru name" with money bags, when the fact is that we are (assuming) retail investors and not somebody who can buy a controlling stake and make changes in the company

reading Poor Charlie's Almanack and by no means was Buffett a poor guy to begin with, business owners!

read another bit about manipulation in Lycos thread, i won't refrain from saying that Sterling International thread is one you could take a look at - selling it hard on forum and message board

btw had to look up
    ;)

i like Nietzsche

and by all means, i'm just another guy, nothing to know or a bragging right knowing me lol :D

[​IMG]

Raaz and K.Mahesh like this.
  16. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

i'm not saying that don't invest for the long term, all i'm saying is it's a different World and India from the 20th century and if i am getting 10-20-30-40% returns in a short time (weeks, months) that's not bad, isn't it?

Great to hear above ,with this rate you are multiplying 5 to 10 time per year.I fully agree most of long term invester can not make this much(Even in best of their dreams),long term investers ends up making around plus 5% of Sensex or NIFTY,nothing great in comparison..That is just a slow and steady return and you ends up beating inflation and fix FD or Debt .I fully endorse that who ever can time the market is greatest,but how many are so smart???

17. darth

darth Active Member

Kharbji.. Kya bol rahe ho. I think what BB is trying to convey is that there needs to be a trading element to investing. Supplement your long term with episodic (obviously few in number) short term opportunities

18. kharb

kharb Well-Known Member

I fully endorse that if any body can time the market it is great ,nothing wrong in it, as you also rightly said..No doubt short term investing or trading is useful but job of only highly experts(including you) but not cup of tea of normal persons like me who always struggle to beat Sensex or NIFTY by just target of 5% over the benchmark..All great investers has made initial money in trading including RJ. Needless to mention ,I have great respect to Bombay Boy and his knowledge.In my view, Bombay Boy is a great invester in making.I am serious in my statement.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  19. darth

darth Active Member

Hard to miss this bit...:)

20. BombayBoy

@kharb i wish every trade i did was like that, alas ... and whoa i'm not anywhere close to what you think of me, just another guy, me too :)

bought Balmer Lawrie, Oil India and added Jocil, Andhra Sugars
    Hercules Hoists with a tracking position

going to attend Dalal Street Investment Journal - Investor Awareness Program later in the evening - 6 PM at Churchgate, will share anything interesting out of it - was terrible, left it midway

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    kharb likes this.