Zerodha - brokerage free

Discussion in 'Ask A Query About Your Stock Picks And Portfolio' started by Amitk2508#, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Amitk2508#

Amitk2508# New Member

Hi all,

Recently came across this article on a website. Is anyone aware? Please advise.
    Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this thread.
    Zerodha, the new generation broker is now offering absolutely brokerage free starting 1st Dec 2015. Since this would be helpful for our readers, we are publishing the details taken from Zerodha website. No upfront fees, no minimum volume, no special terms for delivery based calls.

https://zerodha.com/open-account?c=RM2860

How does Zerodha make money then?

•F&O and intraday equity trades are still charged at a flat Rs 20 per executed order as before.
    •Zerodha will soon be starting margin lending for equity delivery.
    •Zerodha launched Kite trading APIs for institutions who will in turn subsidise retail investors
    •Zerodha hopes that this initiative will help grow our client base and business.

Regards.

w4wealth likes this.
  2. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

Any body using zerodha? please give a review.

3. Karthikeyan

Karthikeyan Member

I am using Zerodha. Nowadays they are not charging brokerage fee for deliveries(of stocks). Just 1 paise is being charged as brokerage fee for stock deliveries on every trading day, regardless of the volume of trades. This 1 paise is charged probably for the sake of facilitating the calculation of taxes, dependent on brokerage fee.

You can't expect detailed research reports like other brokerage houses.

Newbies can learn the basics of fundamental analysis and technical analysis from their education website(Zerodha varsity)

Zerodha Nest and Now offer live data feed to excel, which can be fed to Amibroker. So no need to pay extra money for Data feed/charts.

As far as I know, they have their office only at Bangalore and nowhere else. You can communicate your grievances through Mail or phone and the response is prompt.

Every time, you transact money to/from your Zerodha account, around Rs.10 is charged as transaction fee. I don't see any other hidden charges.

Don't know much abt Kite, as I am not using it.

4. Farhan Ghumra

Farhan Ghumra Active Member

Kite is an API (Application Program Interface) to access Zerodha. IT developers can develop web/mobile apps on top of it.

Karthikeyan likes this.
  5. good stocks

good stocks Active Member

Dear Friends, Don't just look at low /no brokerage commission.The most important part is to look at whether the company will be able to meet pay outs in times of TURBULANCE. Look for established players like Motilal Oswal. I am not advocating for any one . Take your own decision. It took long time to settle issues at FT/MCX episode I think.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    Karthikeyan likes this.
  6. karthik

karthik New Member

I am with Zerodha from over 2 years. The zero brokerage for delivery of stocks is true. They don't provide any research or stock recommendations. However their service is prompt and up to the mark. Personally I never had any issues. I know 5 other people using Zerodha for trading and none have any issues.

7. w4wealth

w4wealth Well-Known Member

thanks karthik for sharing.