Centum Electronics is a small-cap company with a market capitalisation of Rs 1829 crore and a free float of Rs 732 crore. The promoters hold 58.8% of the equity while the public holds 41.2%.
The Company’s overview is as follows:
• Founded in 1993, Centum is one of the largest Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) companies in India.
• Competencies across product design and manufacturing of complex and critical products and supplying to marquee customers in the most advanced economies as well as in India.
• Offering entire spectrum of design services and manufacturing of systems, subsystems for mission critical products in Defence, Space, Aerospace, Industrial, Transportation and Medical sectors.
• World-class design & manufacturing facilities across North America, Europe and India, with cutting edge infrastructure as well as a global supply chain capable of delivering products with high quality and reliability anywhere in the world.
Q1-FY24 Key Business Segments:
• Engineering R&D (ER&D) Services (33%) – Involves conceptualizing and designing of Electronic Hardware, Embedded Software, FPGA, Analog, Radio Frequency products, etc.
• Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) (39%) – Services include manufacturing services solutions focused on a High Complexity products in high technology segment
• Build-To-Specification (28%) – Services include turnkey solutions to take project from conception to mass production quickly and efficiently.
There is only one Mutual Fund, namely, the HDFC INFRASTRUCTURE FUND, holding 5,99,110 shares comprising 4.65% of the equity.
Prashant Jain’s 3P INDIA EQUITY FUND 1 holds 2,78,700 shares comprising 2.16% of the equity. In the June quarter, 3P held 2,18,700 shares comprising 1.70% of the equity.
Porinju Veliyath’s EQUITY INTELLIGENCE INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED holds 1,30,000 shares comprising 1.01% of the equity.
A HNI named MINAL BHARAT PATEL holds 2,72,363 shares comprising 2.11% of the equity capital.
Tribute by Amitabh Kant
Centum Electronics played an important role in the launch of Chandrayaan by ISRO. Amitabh Kant, the distinguished official who is credited with the success of the recently held G-20 summitt, praised the company in lavish terms.
“During my recent visit to Bengaluru I was delighted to visit Centum Electronics and see the pathbreaking design, manufacturing & turn-key build specification services being undertaken in a range of cutting edge areas – space, defence , electronics & medical devices.Phenomenal!,” he stated.
During my recent visit to Bengaluru I was delighted to visit Centum Electronics and see the pathbreaking design, manufacturing & turn-key build specification services being undertaken in a range of cutting edge areas – space, defence , electronics & medical devices.Phenomenal ! pic.twitter.com/7RXVIj4zWT
— Amitabh Kant (@amitabhk87) July 10, 2023